Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
LectorGS

[N1E]: Still kicking

How many of you all out there are still delighted and satisfied with your Nook first edition?  I certainly am and plan to keep using it until it stops working.  Let's show the entire forum that the first edition is here to stay.  Please share your impressions and comments.  Thanks!

Happy readings with your N1E.

Lector GS
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: [N1E]: Still kicking

LectorGS wrote:

How many of you all out there are still delighted and satisfied with your Nook first edition?  I certainly am and plan to keep using it until it stops working.  Let's show the entire forum that the first edition is here to stay.  Please share your impressions and comments.  Thanks!

Happy readings with your N1E.

Well, I still have mine and I'm still using it with no problems.  I would probably switch to the N2E, or at least get one because it is so much lighter to carry with me, and I pretty much take my Nook with me wherever I go.  But there are things about it that I don't like, such as the Wishlist not syncing with the online wishlist and shelving books is annoying, so unless or until they change this, I'm sticking with my N1E.  Oh, and I like having 3G, I am sometimes places without WiFi, like in two weeks, I'll be traveling and  the hotel I'll be staying at has wired internet, not wireless.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

I love my Piccolo, my N!  :smileyhappy:  I just bought a new Chesterton Quote Cover, a few weeks ago. 

Although I recently added an NC to my NOOK family, that in no way means that I ignore my N.  For long trips, I still prefer my N because the battery life is longer.

I may eventually get an NST also, but because my N has audio (and 3G) I'm sure that I will still favor my N in many situations.

Yes, I love my N and plan to keep it healthy (filled with good books and recharged as necessary) and happy (used lovingly and often) for a long time.:smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
hollygNJ
0 Kudos

I don't think I'd ever get any device that's just WiFi- I like the 3G's, and the ability to connect anywhere, anytime.

I've had my Nook for 18 months now, and love it. I also have a K DX, which I use but don't like it nearly as much.  I love my gadgets, and fight the urge to run out and get new ones. My top of the line sewing machine is 7 years old, and I'm not about to replace that either.

I'll use my Nook til it stops working!

Holly

Distinguished Correspondent
Jadjuka
0 Kudos

Got my nook as a birthday present back in 2010 and I'm loving it still! Won't replace it till it breaks. Love the N2E however, not so fond of Wi-Fi only, no home screen, no Daily, and lastly not happy that its smaller. I was hoping the new nook would have a little bit bigger screen than one that is the same as what I have now. I got an Oberon book cover for mine and I'm sticking with it. *huggles it* Btw, mine is named The Rabbit Hole.

Frequent Contributor
Zion21
0 Kudos

I am right there with you. Still going strong on my Nook classic 1. It has everything I need and I don't see the point in upgrading, yet. Glad to see all the active users!:smileytongue:

Inspired Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I must admit that I also have the N2E, however, I feel much more comfortable using the N1E.  Its appearance is sleeker and for some reason, the characters look better on the N1E screen.  The clock there helps me to keep track of time, and the book's title on the left corner of the screen gives me a total perception of what I am reading. 

I bought a new cover, a spare battery and even inserted a micro sd card to expand its memory.  As I said in my first message a few hours ago, I will keep using it until it stops. 

Lector GS
Inspired Correspondent
lopaka47
0 Kudos

The two N1E readers we purchased in December of 2010 still work perfectly, and we'll go right on using them regularly until they finally fall apart! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
skinny12
0 Kudos

I got my Nook 1g for Christmas 2010 and it is still going strong. I have a 2nd battery and USB cord in my Nook case so I can charge it at work if I need to. 

Contributor
misslia
0 Kudos

i still have mine and still use it too. I love my first edition nook i have no problems with it and as others had said i will be using it until it dont work anymore and then idk if il get the second edition or a nook color

Frequent Contributor
bjmbarb
0 Kudos

I bought my N1E in February 2010...and it is working perfectly and I read on it everyday.  It is the only Nook I have.  I did purchses a spare battery for it, just in case.  And of course it has a wardrobe of covers.  I know I was shocked when Irealized how few B&N boos the N2E can hold.  So, YES, I am a loyal N1E owner.  It is my one and only.

Barb

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

I got my Nook for Christmas 2010 and have had no real problems with it. I use it almost every day and am looking forward to taking it to the beach and 3 weeks and giving it a real workout! Once it dies (hopefully not for a long, long time) I will likely buy whatever version B&N is selling at that time.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Nope , no new Nook for me my first edition works just fine. I will get a tablet before I buy a new eink reader.

Distinguished Correspondent
MegSLP
0 Kudos

I have had mine since May or June last year and have no plans on getting a N2E in the near future. I also have the NOOK app on my iPhone and iPad so I feel like every possible need could be met.
Inspired Contributor
JuBear10
0 Kudos

I love my N1E 3G! It's even more fun now that the backs went on clearance for $4. I have every color but blue. I enjoy reading on the E-ink screen. I recently got a NC, too and I love it as well!

Frequent Contributor
reedfam
0 Kudos

I LOVE my N1E!!! I am consindering getting a N2E because my 9 year old has really started to get interested in Precious. She has a learning disability and gets very frustrated when reading sometimes. Lately she keeps telling me she wants a nook. Please, please, please, please was the resonse I got the last time we were in B&N. I have let her read on it a few times, and I am thinking if it helps to encourage her to read a little more then that is not a bad thing. So I'm thinking a new N2E and SD card for mommy and Precious for Alli.

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

I've had my first gen Wi-Fi/3g nook, Nyoko, since Feb 2010 without incident.  I've toyed with the idea of getting either the color or touch versions but I still love my Nook!  There are so many points that sold me on the B&N ereader platform when I compare what I have with the current batch, I'm left wanting.  As other users have posted, I will continue to use my Nook until it stops working!

Wordsmith
Anna_Louise
0 Kudos

I've had my N1E for a little over a year now.  I love it especially since I have the Wi-Fi + 3G and haven't ever had any problems!  Love B&N; THANKS for helping me to read more! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Bibliophile
GS2991
0 Kudos

I love my 3G N1E!!!! Its the best 200bux ever!!!!! I'm keeping it till the zombies come. After that I might have to pawn it for shotgun shells. :smileyvery-happy:
Silence is golden,
Duck tape is silver.

Book Sharks: No need to breathe, just read!
Inspired Correspondent
jaquellae

*clutches N1E* prrrreeeccciousss... huh? what was the question again? :smileywink: