Reader 4
littlebear514
0 Kudos

Re: [N1E]: Still kicking

I love my N1E! I actually just got it in May. I debated about getting color or waiting for the new one to hit the shelves, but neither of them have 3G. It's much more convenient when you're just able to connect without having to worry about finding a wifi connection.

Contributor
mdmomKC
0 Kudos

I got my Nook in May of 2010.  I love it as much now as the day I got it.  It has become a security blanket for me.  I don't go anywhere without it.  I looked at the newer ones at B&N the other day and just can't bring myself to get a new one.  If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Distinguished Correspondent
Nerdgirljenn
0 Kudos

Like others...love my N1E(received as blelated Christmas gift in January 2011)...I really like the colour screen for the book art (a big selling point), another reason why I will rate it over the N2E (not to mention the replacable battery and the games...can't forget the games).  It's my precious, my security blanket, my joy, my escape...I just hope it doesn't break for a long, long time...

"The earth laughs in flowers."~Emerson
"Where there is love, there is life." ~Ghandi
Frequent Contributor
Prmetime
0 Kudos

I have seen the N2E and while I think it is a big leap in usability over my N1E that I got for my birthday, I don't see the point of spending more money to do what my N1E already does.  I think there is a lot more capability in the N1E than anyone is giving it credit for and I do plan on trying to Root it just to see what else I can do with it. 

All of that being said, I'm sticking with my N1E until it finally dies from use.

Inspired Contributor
jlg881
0 Kudos

I received my N1E in Aug 2010 and have loved it ever since.  My husband got me an Android Tablet (for other reasons) and I do use the Nook Ap on that to carry around and leave my Precious at home by the bed side (so much easier to read at night).

Scribe
optic_i
0 Kudos

Hi Every one !    I just wanted to say, That I love my N1 !   I  think its  STILL  the BEST of Both  Worlds !  It has a color touch screen ,  that shows the e book  covers in color .  I really  like to see the Art work on the covers !  I  beleive  this is still the Best Device for the Price !  I have the N 1  with Wi - Fi   only . I hope that B&N  will always offer this great product !