Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jadescythe

N1E V 1.7 Update Question about Overview for NookBooks

[ Edited ]

I recently changed my e-mail address on my BN Account and when I re-registered my Nook I noticed that all the overviews for the books are no longer available I get the overview page with the title of the book and author then below that it's completely blank - no longer have the overview of the book. 

I spent over an hour on the phone with Customer Service on Monday trying to figure this out when I was told that with the 1.6 update they changed the formatting of the books so the overview would no longer be available for the books after you download them to your device. 

It's really frustrating not having the overview for the books on my Nook anymore since I don't always remember what they are about and it's a pain to have to go to BN Shop on  the device and look them up when it was easier access before. 

Since the V1.7 update fixed V1.6 is this happening to anyone else?

Frequent Contributor
LibroAmante
0 Kudos

Re: N1E V 1.7 Update Question about Overview for NookBooks

I just went to check, and I see Overviews for my books. I do have one book 1936-On the Continent, that I think is not formatted for the N1E, and it will only show a blank page when I click on the Overview, but all the others I click on show what the book is about. 

Reader 4
Ruby21
0 Kudos

Re: N1E V 1.7 Update Question about Overview for NookBooks

Yes, I have had the problem, and I am glad to now have an explanation .  I had to unregister my N1E to try to fix a problem, and now I have NO overviews.  It would be nice if B&N supplied a FAQ of changes when they distribute the Updates.  I thought that my N1E was getting ready to die.  The Simple Touch connects to the web to obtain the Overview when you look at an item in your library, but that is not how the N1E is designed.  This is very annoying.