Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
kos-mos
0 Kudos

N1E vs STG

I have N1E which I love and NC, Thinking of upgrading to the NSTG, like the idea of having the back light. Is it worth upgrading or is N1E with book light just as good? What are the pros and cons?

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,923
0 Kudos

Re: N1E vs STG

Do you use the (lol) web browser and games on your 1E? Do you have a 3G model and make use of the 3G often?

If you answered no to those questions go buy the STG. It's far nicer in pretty much every respect (better screen, better responsiveness, more intuitive UI, lighter, more portable, and in general just sexier).

Frequent Contributor
kos-mos
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, You are correct I never use the web, rarely play the games and occasionally use the 3G to check promotions.

Off to buy the STG.

Now what to do with other 2?

Thanks Again

Evy

Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

@kos-mos

You may put the N1E on ebay and/or local craigslist page.  People are still buying it.

Good luck

Lector GS
Frequent Contributor
kos-mos
0 Kudos

Thanks, sold the NC, thinking i might keep the N1E as a backup. See alot of post that ppl have the ST and still like going back to the N1E.