Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
eivez

Re: [N2E] Memory 236 MB Free of 236MB

aditya wrote:

bklvr896 wrote:

aditya wrote:

Thank you! That's exactly the information I was looking for and exactly the answer I was hoping for :smileyvery-happy:. The cover art not showing for some books has been seen and resolved by another poster (I forget who). Basically, the N2E can only see cover art if it's embedded in the epub (according to that poster). If I recall correctly, all he did to resolve the issue was convert epub to epub using Calibre and resave all his books to the device.

Third post down on this thread, was probably the resolution you saw. Linking it here for others to see. :smileyhappy:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-General-Discussion/N2E-not-displaying-all-book-covers-in...

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

@ eivez - THANK-YOU!  I forgot to bookmark that post when I saw it earlier.

Distinguished Wordsmith
aditya
0 Kudos

@eivez

Yep. That's the thread :smileywink:. I even laureled the problem-solver but totally forgot where it was. Thanks for finding it again.

The cake is a lie.
Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

I mentioned this in another thread but this seems a good place for the question.  Does anyone else have 240MB showing up instead of the 236MB everyone else seems to have?

I believe it's because I don't seem to have the NOOK Manual (I have the Quick Start Guide though) and was wondering if anyone else could confirm my suspicions.

Frequent Contributor
techiegirl
0 Kudos

Mine says 240 as well, but it doesn't matter to me since I'm using the microSD card.  It did take me a while to figure out how to sideload to the card. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

techiegirl wrote:

Mine says 240 as well, but it doesn't matter to me since I'm using the microSD card.  It did take me a while to figure out how to sideload to the card. 

Do you have both the manual and quick start guide?

Frequent Contributor
techiegirl
0 Kudos

Yes.  Nook Quick Start Guide and Nook manual.