Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,996

NOOK (Classic) batteries on sale for $9.95

Best Buy has replacement batteries for the E-Ink NOOKs (SKU 9875521) on sale at $9.95, including the little screwdriver. Regular price is $29.95, so this is a deal.

According to the Best Buy web site, almost all of the stores near me have them in stock. I might be tempted to pick one up.

I have no idea how long this sale is expected to last.

Oh, and lookie here, it's eligible for 18-month financing. ???? :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
brewerb
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK (Classic) batteries on sale for $9.95

I'll pick one up tomorrow.  Great deal.  Thanks Doug!

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

I wonder how long the original batteries are designed to last?  Mine still seems to be holding a charge pretty well and it's almost a year old.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Correspondent
EffieTX
0 Kudos

I haven't had any trouble with my battery either but it would be nice to have a backup.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Contributor
pgoess
0 Kudos

Guess I know where I'm going on my luch break tomorrow! Thanks Doug for the heads up. Don't know when or if I'll need one but at that price it's better to get it now in case I do need it sometime later.

"When I step into this library, I cannot understand why I ever step out of it." Mme. de Sévigné
Frequent Contributor
lilkim714
0 Kudos

I'll take that with 18 month financing...lol..I mean for a monthly payment of only 55 cents..plus interest of course..

I mean who would seriously take that with 18 month financing..thought that was pretty humerous..thanks for making my day Doug!

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Thanks, Doug!  We're a two nook family, so it would be nice to have at least one on hand.  Cancer's expensive, so I might have to finance!

Frequent Contributor
bjmbarb
0 Kudos

Just ordered one for store pick-up. Too good of a deal to pass up for a back up. My Nook is almost a year old but good precaution. Actually this is my refurbished replacement Nook so who knows where it has been!  Thanks Doug!

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

I'm thinking of buying one tomorrow too - may go in a drawer and sit for who knows how long, but eventually might need it.

Inspired Correspondent
DblGee
0 Kudos

Thanks Doug! 

I purchased and scheduled for in store pick up.  My Nook is a year old now and still holds a good charge too - but it never hurts to be prepared :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Barbara1955
0 Kudos

I passed this on to a friend that has 2 Nooks! 

Frequent Contributor
Tubby
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Doug!  My Nook is only a few months old and I'm planning on wearing out the battery.  So I picked one up.  With the likelihood that the original nook will be no longer produced by the time that I need it, I figure a battery that collects dust is worth the $10.

Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
KeithK
0 Kudos

I plan on buying two seeing my wife and both have Nooks. I checked the B&N site and they no longer have batteries on there accessories page. Not to fuel a rumor, BUT does this mean this is the end of the Nook Classic?

Contributor
tmgn
0 Kudos

Thank you Doug!  I ordered two batteries - one for me and one for my daughter who has her Nook at college.  I had been thinking about buying an extra battery "just in case."  With this pricing I could afford to buy my daughter a "just in case" extra battery, too.

Thanks again!

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

keithk,

When I did a quick search for nook battery this popped right up - they still have them so not sure they are going anywhere (yet...)

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Nook-Rechargeable-Battery/e/9781615600618/?itm=1&USRI=nook+battery

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

Just to ask to be clear - I just got my Nook and the battery is working great.  If I were to jump on this deal it is more in anticipation that eventually the battery will wear itself down, not hold a charge as much etc and I may want to replace it right?  even if it a year or more from now.  I am thinking that would be what I am buying this for.

if so, is this common, should i expect eventually I will ant to replace anyway?  I am fine if that is the case, not complaining, just trying to decide if this is an investment (even if it is just a $10 one) or not I want to make.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Even though it's only $10 I'm still deciding.  If I were to sell my Nook (assuming there's a Nook Classic 2) I would just tell whoever I give it to that it has the original battery.

I would expect a hardward upgrade before the battery dies on this one.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
edhoel
0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up Doug. I just ordered 2, one for myself and one for my girl friend. I think it is always good to be ready for disaster:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
bjmbarb
0 Kudos

In addition to a back-up battery for an amazing price let's not forget this comes with the little screwdriver!!!!  So we get an accessory tool.  For the cost is almost a no brainer even though my battery is charging fine.  Just "insurance".