Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
mtnmagic1998
0 Kudos

NOOK LOOPS THROUGH SOFTWARE UPDATE AND STARTUP BUT NEVER RESTARTS...HAD TO RETURN IT

I purchased my NOOK WIFI in November of last year and was enjoying it greatly till this past Tuesday.  While I was reading on it the window that says "Software Update in progress please do not turn off" came on the screen so I waited and waited and waited and it kept looping through the downloads, verifying, installing and rebooting over and over.  This kept happening even when I tried all the online solutions and finally called BN tech support this afternoon.  Lisa was very helpful but the end results was that nothing she suggested worked either and it still kept "looping".

My question to everyone?   Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?  I am having to send mine back and get a new one  Thankfully, it's still under warranty and I also purchased the 2 year extended warranty but this is a real inconvenience and am hoping it's an isolated incident.

Please let me know if you've had similar problems.

Correspondent
cinderxhella
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK LOOPS THROUGH SOFTWARE UPDATE AND STARTUP BUT NEVER RESTARTS...HAD TO RETURN IT

I've never heard of this problem specifically, but I know sometimes crazy software issues can happen. I suggest going into your local B&N because they can side load the update for you! It might help, and if not they can walk you through a couple of other trouble shooting tips to try before you decide to send it back!

Wordsmith
mbratch
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK LOOPS THROUGH SOFTWARE UPDATE AND STARTUP BUT NEVER RESTARTS...HAD TO RETURN IT

I found this discussion regarding that problem.