Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
mmd12
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK V1.5 Update Is Now Available!

I love the new update, you can now delete books directly from your NOOK while under My Documents.  I had several books that I had 2 copies, so I deleted the extra copy. It will ask you several times if you are sure that you want to permanently delete this item, you say yes and its gone! You can still only Archive the books under My B&N Library.

Correspondent
TravP
0 Kudos

Deleting things in My Documents shouldn't be a problem since in most cases users would have an extra copy of the file somewhere besides on the nook, since the nook doesn't create files, only stores them. It would be nice to be able to archive under my docs though, so you wouldn't have to reload a doc onto the nook if you changed your mind

Distinguished Correspondent
kc5455
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael!!!:smileyhappy:

And Thanks Barnes and Noble!:smileyhappy:

I think I'll add a few more books now:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
__Dr. Seuss
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

With archiving, B&N has a copy of the book online.  Where would you store an archive copy of a book that you didn't buy from B&N?

Oh yeah, THANKS B&N!

►Without order there is chaos◄
Frequent Contributor
pomtroll
0 Kudos

Can't wait to get home to see how my Nook likes the update. :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
2010bc
0 Kudos

V1.5 is much faster.  Shelves are great.  Also, I just opened my book using the Nook app on my iphone.  It has synced to the page last read on my Nook.  Easy peasy.

Distinguished Correspondent
Gtriever
0 Kudos

Thanks guys! Been waiting to see the update before I decided whether or not to get a Nook for the wifey's Christmas present. I see one in her future!

Contributor
shotime
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am getting error while updating on Wifi. I am attempting to update via manual download...I have downloaded the .dat file...not sure what is next?

Help? can't wait.

UPDATE/ EDIT (4 mins later) -

Saw one of the videos. Please disregard this request. Here is the link for others who are excited and don't want to spend 2 mins looking around :smileyhappy:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/video.asp#vid10

Inspired Correspondent
OPDwife
0 Kudos

Wonderful update!  Thanks B&N.  Now time to figure out exactly how I want the library organized.  Hubby's at work so its play time.

When I get a little money I buy books, if any is left, I buy food and clothes
Reader 4
Bren49
0 Kudos

I LOVE the shelves - and the quick page turning....  awesome.

Frequent Contributor
Lynns_Nook
0 Kudos

No doubt it would be great if it worked. 

Anyone else getting a download error on a WiFi Nook?

Inspired Wordsmith
mykoffee
0 Kudos

Lynns_Nook wrote:

Got an error message several times but just kept hitting 'update B&N library' and after a few tries it worked.   About 98% done now....squee!

Linda

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Lynns_Nook wrote:

Sideload it:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/video.asp#vid10

Distinguished Bibliophile
Darkkin
0 Kudos

Yup...Sideloaded it, hoping this works...If not...:smileymad:

'Of wings and words and dancing milkweed seeds...'

New User
kewr
0 Kudos

I'm getting an error message, too :smileysad:

New User
ThatGrrl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Me too.  Download error message on turning on WiFi.  Tried going to My Library to check for new B&N content.  Error messages again each time I tried.

Reader 2
buggdog
0 Kudos

I was getting the same mesage over Wi-Fi..sideloading it now inprogress.

Frequent Contributor
Beren

While I have to say that the increased page-turn speed and the bookshelf options are nice, I really am extremely disappointed that the note taking capabilities weren't addressed in this update. There really should be a way, at the very least, to view all one's notes on a single text in a single page, and/or export them to a text file, sync them with the PC software, or something. Lacking this functionality means NOOK is useless for anything other than casual reading. Is it too early to urge this for the next update?

Contributor
eriddler
0 Kudos

Also getting an error while on WiFi after "Checking for new content".  Maybe the servers are overloaded?

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike

Folks:  Please STOP stop posting that you are getting errors!!!

That is not a descriptive problem statement and its clear that the servers are simply over loaded.  Give it some time.  It doesn't help to just say you got an error over and over.

If you want it NOW, then SIDELOAD.

Watch this video on how to side load.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/video.asp#vid10

Read this page:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/container/standard_bothnavs.asp?PID=35681&cds2Pid=35802

Download from here:
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/presources/download/nook/v.1.5.0/signed_bravo_update.dat