Frequent Contributor
sewingladyNJ
0 Kudos

NOOKcolor Anti-Glare Screen Film Kit

Does anybody have any comments on the screen covers; I rarely use touch scrreens without a screen protector.  Has anybody used them with your nook, is it worth it on the nook, do you need them or will i be safe without it from scratches and things like that.

thanks for responding

Frequent Contributor
bandman
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKcolor Anti-Glare Screen Film Kit

The problem with any of these questions about the Nookcolor is that nobody has hands on knowledge yet. I too will be getting the anti glare shield. We'll just have to wait and see how well it works.

Dan

Frequent Contributor
Rutter9
0 Kudos

I only use screen protectors for my cell phones. Anything that's not pocketable and touchscreen I have no use to put a protector on it. Generally they stay in a case when not in use.

If you have a cover or case for it you will be fine. I ordered the screen kit and threw it in the trash after applying. Zero scratches since last November.

Frequent Contributor
sewingladyNJ
0 Kudos

thanks, that's what I wanted to know. 

Correspondent
g0tr00t
0 Kudos

Problem for me is that I had an "anti-glare" cover for my phone.  It dulls the colors and almost gives it a pixelated image.

So...I would hate to alter the look this Color nook is trying to display.  Either way, its a tough call for me.

Reader 4
Ladybug01
0 Kudos

I have the "Anti-Glare Screen Film" on my Nook Color.  It does not dull the colors or gives it a pixelated image.  It is a good investment to protect the touch screen from scratches.

Contributor
tammylh
0 Kudos

hi dan,

how is the anti-glare film working for you?  i have been thinking back and forth on getting one for my nookcolor.  i have my fingerprints all over the screen, ha ha.  so let me know when you get a chance.  thanks!

currently reading 'the girl who played with fire'
Contributor
JBump30
0 Kudos

I have a screen cover on my nook classic since day one and I'm glad about it! I knew it was not a touchscreen and delicate and I've babied it for almost a year with several international trips without any screen injuries.  Just bought a nookcolor.  I also purchased the matte/anti-glare screen protector primarily because of the touchscreen!

Frequent Contributor
GuzziAlfa
0 Kudos

The antiglare screen for the nookcolor saved me from returning the nookcolor the day I bought it!

Yeah, it's that good.  It took me an hour to sign up my nookcolor because the bloody keyboard just jumped all over the place over typing multiple characters and over backspacing them.... until I installed the antiglare screen.  Now it's mostly very usable.  Some keyboards are too small - especially on the BN Communities or ordering from the BN website - you have to use the shop icon instead.

The antiglare screeen allows me to turn the brightness completely down and makes it easy to read.  I really hate bright screens.  It does nothing to detract from the screen at all.  Buy one - it comes with two in a kit.

Enjoy!

John S.

Contributor
empty_nester
0 Kudos

How easy was it to put on? I hate screen protectors with bubbles-was it easy to get the bubbles out?

Sharon

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I ended up taking mine off because my screen lost it's sensitivity. And I did  have a couple of bubbles that would not go away no matter what I did.

Contributor
lckyforme
0 Kudos

I ended up with just one small bubble on mine.  I have tried, but just can't seem to get it out.  I don't see it when I'm reading though.

Lisa

Distinguished Correspondent
morgman
0 Kudos

I would definitely add it to your day 1 list of Nook color purchases.  I liked that the kit came with two screen protectors in case I doofus up the first one trying to get it on.  It made a world of difference for finger prints too.  Sure there still are some, but before the protector all the finger prints and smears was very distracting to me when reading.  Also, I was worried about scratching the screen trying to wipe off finger prints.  With the protector on I just grab the nearest cloth, sleeve etc and wipe it off. 

Finally as mentioned, it does help a little bit with glare too. 

Frequent Contributor
rfbarr
0 Kudos

The film kits are hard to install properly with out getting bubbles which you can't get out.

Check out:  http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-and-NOOKcolor-General/FYI-Zagg-Invisible-shield-availabl...

It is the best solution avalible. 

Inspired Correspondent
amillio
0 Kudos

I was able to get mine on perfectly. If you get dust or something on it uses tape and not your fingers to get it off. 

Reader 4
ChelleP
0 Kudos

I got my nook color for Christmas and just got the anti-glare film today...I was lucky enough to have the guy at the B & N store to put it on for me...he was very good and got it on without a singe bubble.   and it really, really helps with the fingerprints!   I recommend it for that alone! 

Distinguished Scribe
normysmom
0 Kudos

I got one and put it on in the store with no problem.  It was important to clean the screen completely before putting it on.  No bubbles at all, no problem with touch screen AND no more glaring fingerprints all of the screen.  LIKE!

Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

I just got the nookcolor (had the nook 3g since it came out) and bought the anti glare screen the next day.

When I put it on I had bubble, but I got them all out.  

It does make a difference with the glare and does not seem to hamper the touch screen at all.

Highly recommend it.

New User
Cunhafish
0 Kudos

I just threw out one of the two anti glare protectors that I purchased with my new Nook colot tablet.  The second one is on there but I cannot get all of the bubbles out no matter what I do.  I was able to remove some of the lint which caused the problems by apply and quickly pulling off scotch tape, but I am pissed that I spend $20 and can't get this installed properly.

I want the protector and I will probably blow another $20 to try to get one on there perfectly; but I will ask the store folks to put it on.  I simply give up!  I feel so very frustrated with this thing...