Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
luvreadingDG

NOOKcolor Go To??

When reading the various messages, "Go To" is referenced many times as a great way to get from here to there.  Am I crazy or is my NOOKcolor the only one that doesn't seem to have this feature.  Search seems to be the only way of doing it which doesn't appear to be as easy as the "Go To".  Am I the only one?

Contributor
bchbmz
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKcolor Go To??

having similar problem. cant figure out how to GO TO-the beginning of the book. or the index..or even the end

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

Maybe because this feature is only on Nook Classic? I have the Nook Classic and I have a "go to" feature that lets me go to a specific page, specific chapter, the front cover, or the end. I don't have a Nook Color but that may be the issue.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

luvreadingDG wrote:

When reading the various messages, "Go To" is referenced many times as a great way to get from here to there.  Am I crazy or is my NOOKcolor the only one that doesn't seem to have this feature.  Search seems to be the only way of doing it which doesn't appear to be as easy as the "Go To".  Am I the only one?

Not sure, but this is the nook forum, not NOOKColor (which may be different).  Check here to see if you're crazy or not -

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/bd-p/NOOKcolorGeneralDiscussion

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/bd-p/NOOKcolortechnicalsupport

Distinguished Correspondent
mister-j
0 Kudos

On the NC, with your book open, tap on the lower middle part of the screen.  A menu bar should pop up from the bottom.  On the left end of the menu bar is a button labled (content) you can use to go to chapters or cover etc.  Also above the menu bar is a slide that lets you go to a specific page.

New User
CCFJR123
0 Kudos

I had a similar issue with omnibus books on my NC. On how to go to a particular book. It took me a while to figure it out that if you bring up the bar that has your text size and brightness and select the "content" on far left it brings up a table of contents that list each book that you can select. Much easier than slide bar