Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
GTech
0 Kudos

NOOKstudy & NOOKcolor

I know as of right now that the NOOKcolor doesn't support NOOKstudy. Are there any plans to support that in the future? Anyone else want this functionallity?

Contributor
dclaar
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKstudy & NOOKcolor

Can you explain what it is? Our pastor wanted to know if he should get a nook color, and my current answer to him is no, unless he is strictly looking for a reader. I suspect that he would want to use it for research, and the ability to copy pertinent sections, annotate them, and save them would be a must.

Inspired Contributor
Sunhawk
0 Kudos

I'm curious what part of NookStudy you want that isn't there?

I can select passages, highlight them in multiple colors, annotate them, and email them to people in the contacts list, Twiter and Facebook. I even shared them with myself, by using a different email address than the one the CN is registered to.

You can also view all highlights, annotations, etc.

What other functionality were you looking for?

Frequent Contributor
HipHopSays
0 Kudos

nookstudy works with textbooks....which isn't really available on Nook Classic or Color.

Contributor
dclaar
0 Kudos

Answered in other thread: The ability to do any of that with anything other than a B&N purchased book.

New User
ab8a
0 Kudos

I just think it is crazy. Why not support it if both apps are free and from the same maker/developer?!?!? I would realy love this feature.

Contributor
Chio_Garu
0 Kudos

The thing about technology...when it comes to developing/programming...it's not as easy as it sounds and considering the nookcolor hasn't even been around for very long and developers are still working out the bugs AND they would need publisher permission...etc. - If they do plan to integrate some kind of nookstudy feature on the NC or other such portable devices, it's going to take time to do it.