Contributor
Eldrod

Netgear Router Connection Problem Solution

First, a little background.  I have been using my Nook on my home WiFi network on a Linksys router with no issues.  About a month ago my Linksys started acting up (just after the warranty expired), so I replaced it with Netgear WNDR3400.

After getting everything set back up, I thought I had everything working again, but I soon noticed that the Daily was never updated and when I would check the Nook's WiFi connection, it just kept cycling between connected and disconnected.  Password authentication was not an issue as I was connecting but then immediately dropping.

After a little research, I resolved it by going to the Advanced Wireless settings on the router and changing the Fragmentation Length to 2306, the CTS/RTS Threshold to 2307, and the Preamble mode to Short Preamble on the 2.4GHz wireless section.  I did not make any changes to the speed or disable g or n mode as my other wireless computers need the higher speed.

It has been a couple of weeks and all is still well. The 2.4GHz network is running at 300 Mbps and WPA2+PSK security in all modes (b/g/n) with no adverse impact to the Nook or any other connected device.

Hope this helps anyone with similar issues. 

New User
Marplot101
0 Kudos

Re: Netgear Router Connection Problem Solution

My wife had a similar problem with her Color Nook and our recently replaced wireless router (was a Linksys and now is a Netgear WNDR3400).

It was a leap of faith, but I followed Eldrod's suggested changes.  It worked like a charm.  No side effects have been experienced to date.

Thank you, Eldrod !!

New User
PAHebert
0 Kudos

Had similar issues with a new Netgear 750N dual-band router.  All 3 Nooks in the house; an older reader, a reader with glow-light and a new tablet could not connect.  Took the suggestions above and all seems fine.

New User
MikeInTX
0 Kudos

Thanks so much!  I have a Netgear WNDR4500 router and started experiencing the same symptoms - our Nooks would connect, then disconnect from the internet.  

Your solution seems to be working like a champ!

New User
MikeInTX
0 Kudos

I should also add that both our nooks are the Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight.