Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
JacquelineSeewald
0 Kudos

New Books Available on Nook

Novels published by L&L Dreamspell are now available on Nook. I found this exciting because

it means that my new young adult novel STACY'S SONG can now be ordered in all e-book formats.

The novel came out recently and has had only good reviews. I am hoping that many teenagers

will read and enjoy STACY'S SONG.

Jacqueline Seewald

Reader 2
Sausageman54
0 Kudos

Re: New Books Available on Nook

Cool good luck with your book.

Distinguished Correspondent
SlaughterS
0 Kudos

Jacqueline 

If you use the "Add Product" button on the format bar when you create or edit a post the you can insert a direct link to the book you are talking about.

Like this:

Stacy's Song 

This is the Internet. I'm not going to let my complete lack of actual knowledge stop me from giving my opinion....
Author
JacquelineSeewald
0 Kudos

Thank you for the help and good wishes!

Jacqueline Seewald

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

JacquelineSeewald wrote:

Novels published by L&L Dreamspell are now available on Nook. I found this exciting because

it means that my new young adult novel STACY'S SONG can now be ordered in all e-book formats.

The novel came out recently and has had only good reviews. I am hoping that many teenagers

will read and enjoy STACY'S SONG.

Jacqueline Seewald

Hey Jacqueline, I was wondering what Stacy's song was a bit about?  I read a lot young adult/teen fiction, have a good day

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Author
JacquelineSeewald
0 Kudos

Hi,

STACY'S SONG is both serious and humorous. It's told from the viewpoint of a teenage girl

who has identity issues. Here's stuff from the reviews that have appeared so far:

Midwest Book Review

Bookwatch:

Volume 9, Number 11

November 2010

Stacy's Song
Jacqueline Seewald
L&L Dreamspell
9781603182669 $13.95 www.lldreamspell.com

In Junior high school, Stacy Nelson was called a giraffe as she was very thin with a long neck and towered over all the boys. Now in high school she remains taller than all the girls but some of the boys are taller than her, but she remains somewhat disturbed by being the giraffe.

Her best friend Karen persuades her to try out for cheerleading while the viola player behind her in the school band, Liz, asks her to try out for a band that she and her brother Michael is forming. Stacy joins both, but finds talented blind Michael nasty towards her while football team captain Greg is nice and charming as he wants to date her. As she becomes popular at school and struggles with balancing her commitments, her grades fall upsetting her parents. Especially upset is her father who demands she quits the Norris band, Stacy must decide between two young males who are attracted to her.

This is an entertaining young adult tale starring a likable high school age girl who goes from being the outside freak to the in-crowd. Stacy is stupendous lead as she struggles with two boys; one is charming while the other is demanding. Who will she choose particularly since her dad has already selected who he wants kicked to the curb.

Long and Short Reviews:

Stacy’s Song by Jacqueline Seewald
Publisher: L&L Dreamspell
Genre: YA contemporary
Length: Short Story (143 pgs)
Heat: sweet
Rated 4 books
Reviewed by Snapdragon

Stacy’s talent and love for music forces her to make hard choices. Life is risky, but she must learn to make important decisions on her own.

Stacy Nelson, warm-hearted with a sense of humor, is a tall, skinny teenager, sometimes called “giraffe” by other kids. She’s an average student with a lot of extracurricular interests. Her good friend Karen wants Stacy to practice with her and try out for cheerleading. Liz Norris asks Stacy to join a band that she and her brother Michael are starting, but she has reservations.

Her first meeting with Michael Norris is stormy, yet she is drawn in by his outstanding musical ability and joins the band. Stacy always wants to please everyone, but fails to think about who she is and what she really wants.

After making the cheerleading squad, Greg Lawson, captain of the football team, becomes interested in Stacy. He is easy-going and charming, just the opposite of Michael. They start dating, and Stacy is suddenly popular in and out of school. As a cheerleader, she is accepted by the in-crowd. She tries to relax and enjoy this new lifestyle.

When Stacy has difficulty meeting all of her commitments and her grades fall, her father is displeased and insists she quit the band. Stacy feels torn—wanting to please her father without letting down the other band members. Ultimately, while dealing with family and peer pressure, she must decide what is best for her.

Fragile and dainty Stacy is not, but sensitive she sure is: as is anyone who doesn’t quite fit in in High School. Her awkwardness is due to her height - but somehow, her off-kilter sense of self makes her just plain awkward. She’s nice enough. With friends Karen and Liz, music, band, cheerleading (or potentially cheerleading) she has all the elements of a typically high school existence, but somehow Stacy is always comically on the wrong wave length.

We suspect she’s never going to achieve Karen’s goal of joining the ‘in’ crowd. Getting there isn’t a goal she’s dedicated to, but feeling unable to get there really makes her feel different. It holds her back – right up till she met a someone who was a lot further away from any central circle than she is. The most important part of this may not be Stacy’s changing perceptions of herself, but that piece was really the center for this reader, and I suspect will be for a good many others.

Oh, Stacy will grow in understanding, friendships – even skills. I suppose it wouldn’t do not to mention Ms. Seewald’s delicate handling of a person with an actual disability. In fact, its very humanizing how Michael is so strong-minded and even annoying, and how Stacy struggles to treat him differently, and then ends up just treating him as a person. She respects his skills, and that’s what matters. It’s well done and believable.

I still really just loved this for Stacy, for her sense of not fitting in, her sense of right and wrong, and her ability to speak what she is thinking. The tragedy of Liz and Michael’s lives might seem a little over the top (perhaps due to Liz’s particularly pathetic explanations) but it doesn’t slow the plot.

High school is complex though, partly because of the complexity of relationships. When Stacy gets her shot at the in crowd, (not to mention an ‘in’ guy) will she follow someone else’s dream – or her own heart?

This is a fun and speedy read, with a lead character you can’t help liking even when you are exasperated with her (that's okay, Stacy exasperates herself). She avoids total geekdom but somehow keeps missing the shallow heights of the high school social strata. You don’t have to be a teen to get a hoot out of this. Recommended.

“STACY’S SONG – Jacqueline Seewald
L & L Dreamspell - http://www.lldreamspell.com/StacysSong.htm
ISBN: 978-1-60318-266-9
November 2010
Young Adult

Stacy Nelson was tall, skinny, and towered over most of the kids in her class. To her chagrin, some kids called her giraffe. In her sophomore year, Stacy grows into her body, and the catcalls stop.  With a fun sense of humor and a level head, she has always tried not to let the catcalls bother her.  However, school doesn’t come easy, and so to keep her father happy, she works hard to get good grades. 

Stacy has always loved music; not only does she play in the school band, but she also sings in choir. Her best friend Karen is insisting they try out for cheerleading, so to keep her friend happy, she does.  After band practice one day, Stacy is startled when the viola player, Liz Norris, asks her to try out for the band her brother Michael and she are forming. Not really interested, Stacy finds herself going to Liz’s home where she meets Michael and almost quits the band before she even starts.  What is with him?

When Stacy learns Michael is blind, she feels bad for him, but after telling him off for his rude behavior, something of a friendship begins.  Michael’s talent is amazing, and Stacy joins the band and becomes a cheerleader.  Not to mention the football team captain, Greg, is all of a sudden interested in her. What’s a girl to do?

Of course, Stacy’s grades tank.  As a new cheerleader, she finds herself popular and now has a social calendar that is filled with dates for parties, cheerleading, band practice, and dating Greg.  Her friendship with Michael grows, and the band is offered a contract with a recording studio.

Young readers will embrace Stacy.  Not only must she deal with her father, who does not like the changes in her life, especially Michael and the band, but the peer pressure from her friends. 

STACY’S SONG is a well written story about those awkward teen years, when the ugly duckling turns into a swan, and the rocky roads that teenagers traverse. This is an enjoyable, fun read, and I recommend it for young adults.”

Deborah C Jackson, Romance Reviews Today

—"This is a wonderful young adult novel! Full of honest emotion, problems, conflict and a cast of fascinating characters, STACY'S SONG is a heartwarming story of a girl growing up and learning how to make thoughtful decisions that will affect her life today and in the future." 

Alice Duncan, award-winning author

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Just a thought:

You may generate a better response in the Nookbook Discussion board here:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKbook-Discussion/bd-p/eBooks

Good luck!

►Without order there is chaos◄