Frequent Contributor
Killsocket
0 Kudos

New Price Question - Exchange/Refund

I'd like to know if anyone has tried this scenario?

I got a Nook on Saturday with the $50 GC for $259.

I am curious if I can exchange it or get total refund for the unit for the $149 Wi-Fi unit.

I used $7.99 on the GC already.

So essentially, I would like to return the 3G/Wi-Fi Nook for  $209, keep the card, and buy the $149 Nook and get $60 "back" from the return of 3G/Wi-Fi Nook.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Re: New Price Question - Exchange/Refund

Killsocket wrote:

I'd like to know if anyone has tried this scenario?

I got a Nook on Saturday with the $50 GC for $259.

I am curious if I can exchange it or get total refund for the unit for the $149 Wi-Fi unit.

I used $7.99 on the GC already.

So essentially, I would like to return the 3G/Wi-Fi Nook for  $209, keep the card, and buy the $149 Nook and get $60 "back" from the return of 3G/Wi-Fi Nook.

Try it and let us know what happens.  There is no reason in the world why it shouldn't work since you are withing the return period.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,855
0 Kudos

Yes you can. I just did it for someone tonight.

You will get $209 (plus tax) back for your old nook (the GC is yours from now until you spend it all, enjoy!), and then they will order you a lite. Note that lites aren't available in stores yet so you will have to wait a couple days for shipment.

Just make sure you have your receipt and all the original packaging.

Frequent Contributor
Killsocket
0 Kudos

Frog:

I think I will go tomorrow and I will let everyone know. I haven't found a thing about this scenario anywhere yet. Though I did just read a post where the Wi-Fi Nooks are not in stores yet. Bummer.

Frequent Contributor
Killsocket
0 Kudos

flyingtoastr:

I did purchase an ebook. Can you tell me in a nutshell if that will be available to me on the new nook as in even a re-download?

Thanks

flyingtoastr
Topics: 52
Kudos: 2,855
0 Kudos

Killsocket wrote:

flyingtoastr:

I did purchase an ebook. Can you tell me in a nutshell if that will be available to me on the new nook as in even a re-download?

Thanks

As long as you use the same account that you had registered with your old nook it will download directly from the BN server when you register the new one.