Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Aathroser
0 Kudos

New nook can't sync with facebook

Every time I sync with facebook it just takes me to the mobile site after asking for device name. I want to sync it with facebook to share with my friends. Is anyone else having this problem?

Correspondent
Anthony1970
0 Kudos

Re: New nook can't sync with facebook

Maybe its just a slow connection. Most people who preordered havent gotten theirs yet. I would expect another day or 2 to verify if others are experiencing this.

Inspired Contributor
psucutie
0 Kudos

i cant connect to wifi @ work, will try later!

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

Do you have a NOOK Color or an e-ink NOOK?  You caan't have the new second edition NOOK, since thathas no web browser and wouldn't bring you to Facebook's mobile site.

Inspired Contributor
psucutie
0 Kudos

Actually (speaking from hands on experience with the new nook) there is an option under the social settings to link with facebook, gmail and twitter.  I dont have access to wifi at the moment to test it out

Nallia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

psucutie wrote:

Actually (speaking from hands on experience with the new nook) there is an option under the social settings to link with facebook, gmail and twitter.  I dont have access to wifi at the moment to test it out

Yes, I know.  There is not, however, a web browser to load Facebook's mobile site on.  Unless it  was included even when B&N specifically said it wasn't.  My previous reply was an effort to make sure that the OP was getting the proper help for his/her device, whichever it is.

Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine
0 Kudos

Hi all--

Our dev teams have identified an issue that prevents users from linking a Facebook account. They're actively working with Facebook to resolve this ASAP.  Stay tuned. -- Sam

Inspired Contributor
psucutie
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam!

Contributor
Aathroser

Nallia wrote:

psucutie wrote:

Yes, I know.  There is not, however, a web browser to load Facebook's mobile site on.  Unless it  was included even when B&N specifically said it wasn't.  My previous reply was an effort to make sure that the OP was getting the proper help for his/her device, whichever it is.

I have the new e-ink touchscreen one. It does not have a web browser you can access in full, but it does have one. I can go on facebook from it and everything. Twitter connected just fine, gmail works just fine, but facebook doesn't ask for approval, it just takes me to the touch.facebook.com. They are apparently working on it, so we shall see what happens

Nallia
0 Kudos

Aathroser wrote:

Nallia wrote:

psucutie wrote:

I have the new e-ink touchscreen one. It does not have a web browser you can access in full, but it does have one. I can go on facebook from it and everything. Twitter connected just fine, gmail works just fine, but facebook doesn't ask for approval, it just takes me to the touch.facebook.com. They are apparently working on it, so we shall see what happens

Thank you so much for this information.  This is very good to know.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Chodrak
0 Kudos

I had the same issue but it seems to have been fixed.  Thanks B&N!

New User
LoneWolf_Outlaw
0 Kudos

well I got a nook color last year and i could never figure out why none of my FB friends could share with me . Then i find out after going to my social settings that it had the SAME ACCOUNT ERROR as stated from other users. I don't have the gas to go out to a B&N store just to get your WIFI there to fix the FB account link. Then again you guys have stopped UPDATING NOOK COLOR JUST TO GET US TO TRADE UP! My Nook color IS UPDATED 1.4.3 and it still doesn't fix the problem! I got friends on FB who want to share some books with me but can't cuz your too lazy and called it quits with other nooks over the tablet wars!