Contributor
Ren79
0 Kudos

Newspaper Sharing

Hi all. My wife and I both have Nook Colors (mutual Christmas gifts). I subscribed to USA Today Newspaper.  My question is, is there any way to share the newspapers with my wife? Seems like this should be an option, since if I got a PHYSICAL subscription to the paper, my wife and I would be able to share it between us.

Anyone know?

Contributor
Ren79
0 Kudos

Re: Newspaper Sharing

No one?

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

You can download the file to your computer and then sideload it to a second device, using the same instructions for sharing books that Doug_Pardee outlines here.  

Contributor
DogDoc2
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@ Ren79: If you and the wife register both nooks to the same BN account, you will both have access to all purchased books and subscriptions. For families with multiple members using nooks, I highly recommend it.

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ren79 wrote:

Hi all. My wife and I both have Nook Colors (mutual Christmas gifts). I subscribed to USA Today Newspaper.  My question is, is there any way to share the newspapers with my wife? Seems like this should be an option, since if I got a PHYSICAL subscription to the paper, my wife and I would be able to share it between us.

Anyone know?

If you are on separate accounts, NO...you can not share it.

If you are on the same account (here at B&N) and both NC's are registered to the same account, then yes....it will automatically be shared.

This is the publisher's doing...not B&N's.   Publishers do not permit the "Lend Me" feature on periodicals.   Or at least on those I subscribe to.

The issue is that if you could just give the file to anyone....then someone could just post it anywhere on the internet and no one would have to buy their own copy.

That's one of the unfortunate side effects of digital media and people that are less than honest.

---------
Don