Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Chedwards
0 Kudos

Newspaper subscriptions

Is there a way to guarantee delivery of an eNewspaper (WSJ) to happen in the AM?  Currently, the delivery has been erratic - I've restarted the nook (as per the sage advice of Dave Barry) to no avail. 

Any options?

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
RedStateGuy
0 Kudos

Re: Newspaper subscriptions

Chedwards wrote:

Is there a way to guarantee delivery of an eNewspaper (WSJ) to happen in the AM?  Currently, the delivery has been erratic - I've restarted the nook (as per the sage advice of Dave Barry) to no avail. 

Any options?

Thanks!

Can't advise specifically as per the nook (yet), but if you follow the discussions regarding Kindle and newspaper subscriptions, you'll note that erratic delivery seems to be a hallmark of e-publication delivery. From what I've read so far, Amazon.com blames the publishers and the publishers of most newspapers say something to the effect of "we don't have any control over the Kindle editions". Aside from a severe case of pass-the-buck-itis, it appears that there may actually be a third party which aggregates the content and provides it for delivery, and I would say the problem lies with them.

For grins (and more insight), you may wish to visit the Wall Street Journal page at Amazon.com and see what the users say about delivery.  Or simply Google "Wall Street Journal" and Kindle.

I would be interested to know what your further experiences are, as I allowed my print WSJ to lapse but would be interested in subscribing to the nook edition, so long as the majority of the content was there---and I was able to get reliable delivery.  (Since the purchase of Dow Jones by News Corporation, they closed the regional printing plant which made my paper delivery a day late---one of the reasons I elected not to renew.)

Frequent Contributor
Alley415
0 Kudos

RedStateGuy wrote:

Chedwards wrote:

Any options?

Thanks!

Can't advise specifically as per the nook (yet), but if you follow the discussions regarding Kindle and newspaper subscriptions, you'll note that erratic delivery seems to be a hallmark of e-publication delivery. From what I've read so far, Amazon.com blames the publishers and the publishers of most newspapers say something to the effect of "we don't have any control over the Kindle editions". Aside from a severe case of pass-the-buck-itis, it appears that there may actually be a third party which aggregates the content and provides it for delivery, and I would say the problem lies with them.

For grins (and more insight), you may wish to visit the Wall Street Journal page at Amazon.com and see what the users say about delivery.  Or simply Google "Wall Street Journal" and Kindle.

I would be interested to know what your further experiences are, as I allowed my print WSJ to lapse but would be interested in subscribing to the nook edition, so long as the majority of the content was there---and I was able to get reliable delivery.  (Since the purchase of Dow Jones by News Corporation, they closed the regional printing plant which made my paper delivery a day late---one of the reasons I elected not to renew.)

I subscribed to the WSJ on my Kindle for several month and never once had a problem with it begin delivered.  I always received it between 5 and 6 each morning.  A lot of the delivery complaints made on the Kindle boards were resolved when the customer kept their Whispernet on overnight.  It seams many were turning it on in the morning and expecting it to automatically download it without actually requesting the Kindle check for new items as they were missing the automatic download time set by Amazon.

New User
starchaser
0 Kudos

Even nook does not deliver WSJ on time every morning. I noticed that  I had to check for the new content each time and then only it will activate the AT&T network to start downloading the newspaper. I am very dissapointed with this delivery mechanism. Also why is the e-reader WSJ subscription more expensive than the print & online subscription combined together?

I feel the early adopters are paying the premium till competition breaks their back...

Reader
abb52
0 Kudos

I have rec'd the Washington Post for 18 consecutive days w/o a problem.  Today, no delivery.  I have 'rebooted', contacted Customer Service by phone (1 hour on hold, and I have to hang up now) and sent an email (response expected in 24-48 hours)  ;-(    

Please advise. 

Frequent Contributor
DogDoc
0 Kudos

I am also waiting on my Washington Post delivery. I leave my 3G enabled 24/7 and yet....No delivery.

Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

I have received the WSJ by 5:30 on my PC eReader everyday for two weeks so far. I just got my Nook on Thursday and I received Fridays on my Nook at 5:00 AM.  

New User
JohnWH
0 Kudos

I subscribed to the NY Times about a week ago and it has been delivered to my nook early each morning except for today (Saturday).  It is now after 10am and no paper.  Is this what I should expect?  I don't have much faith in getting through to customer service so I sent them an email.