Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
JellyWoo
0 Kudos

Nook 3G Questions

2 questions about the Nook 3G model: 
1. Is the 3G connection available worldwide? Exp. Could I access the bookstore from China using 3G? 
2. Can I use the 3G connection to go on the web (not using WiFi)?

Wordsmith
h2oskierc
0 Kudos

Re: Nook 3G Questions

JellyWoo wrote:

2 questions about the Nook 3G  model: 
1. Is the 3G connection available worldwide? Exp. Could I access the bookstore from China using 3G? 
2. Can I use the 3G connection to go on the web (not using WiFi)?

Not sure about number 1, but I would guess no.  The 3G connection cannot be used to surf the web.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

Re: Nook 3G Questions

No, and No.

The 3G connection is only usable in the US. It is only usable for connecting to Barnes & Noble.

Barnes & Noble doesn't sell e-books to China. Most of its e-books are only available in the US. A small percentage are also available in Canada. None are available outside of the US and Canada.

The NOOK is only sold in the US, and is intended for use within the US. If you're thinking about Chinese e-books, the NOOK isn't designed for the Chinese language. There are many inexpensive Chinese e-book readers that would probably suit your needs better.