Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Rav_Bunneh

Nook Around the World!

[ Edited ]

Beyond just having a nook the neat thing is that we are all from around the world. You might think "Where I live is boring." bit to everyone else it is some far off land! So the project is as follows:

Post a photo of your nook out in the real world and say where it is.

This can be very exciting as we'll see nooks in small towns, out camping, at the sea, in the mountains or in some city. You can pose your nook in front of someplace recognizable or obscure. The point is that if we all post pictures of our nooks at the places we live and visit, then soon we'll be seeing the nook all around the world. Famous places, little known places -- it doesn't matter! I'll try get out today or tomorrow and get a photo of my nook here in Hawaii then post it here to add to the list of locations. 

Happy picture taking!

Nook in Central Oahu, Hawaii. Taken with my infrared camera. :smileytongue: (just to be weird on the first image)

Distinguished Wordsmith
TXAnnie
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Around the World!

Great idea!

One question though: I have tried to post photos and all I get is a square with a question mark.  I go to the "tree" and type in the url.  I am using "Snapfish," so maybe that is the problem.  Hopefully someone can help me.  

Inspired Correspondent
PepaLou
0 Kudos

I use photobucket.  Once I upload my pic into it, I copy the code and just paste it into the body of my message.  You should be able to do the same with snapfish...but I've never used snapfish, so I don't know.

Brasil #1
Proud owner of "COUNT NOOKULA"!
Stop adding more crap to my nook! If I wanted a do it all POS, I would have bought an Ipad!
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

I really didn't imagine I'd have to go to sites like snapfish to learn how they work in order to then come back and teach others how to do it. None-the-less I went to snapfish and it does not seem to me to generate true direct links to the photograph, but rather a link to their page to sell /show off your photo.

What you need to when posting a link to an image is a direct link to the image itself. The actual image file. Hence your getting a broken image because it is linking to a webpage with your photo rather than the photo.

TXAnnie wrote:

Great idea!

One question though: I have tried to post photos and all I get is a square with a question mark.  I go to the "tree" and type in the url.  I am using "Snapfish," so maybe that is the problem.  Hopefully someone can help me.  

Distinguished Wordsmith
TXAnnie
0 Kudos

Rav_Bunneh wrote:

I really didn't imagine I'd have to go to sites like snapfish to learn how they work in order to then come back and teach others how to do it. 

So sorry to have troubled you.

Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Here is my nook with Aloha Tower across the Honolulu harbor here on Oahu, Hawaii. :smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
DiAnneInDover
0 Kudos

My Nook wants to visit Rav Bunneh's Nook on Oahu!  (But I insist on coming along, too!)

Contributor
Mosbur
0 Kudos

Just went to Peru last month.. didn't think to take a picture with it at Machu Picchu... Dang!

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Here's mine in CO:

It's not the best picture--it's hard to see the mountains in the background--but it's hard to hold my NOOK with one hand and my DSLR with the other.  LOL  So here's one without my NOOK:

SlaughterS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I went on vacation recently and snapped some photos of the nook while I was out and about on the beach

Cruise Ship Off Jamacan shore

Cruise ship balcony, right off the shore of Jamaica.

Grand Cayman Islands

On the beach in the Grand Cayman Islands

Passion Island - Private Island off shore of Cozumel - Same place were the Corona Beer Commercials are shot.

This is the Internet. I'm not going to let my complete lack of actual knowledge stop me from giving my opinion....
Contributor
Genome87
0 Kudos

Maybe tomorrow I'll take a picture from Madrid, in Spain. Nice thread!!

Inspired Correspondent
PepaLou
0 Kudos

My nook overlooking Bellingham bay, in Puget Sound, WA.

Photobucket
Brasil #1
Proud owner of "COUNT NOOKULA"!
Stop adding more crap to my nook! If I wanted a do it all POS, I would have bought an Ipad!
Rav_Bunneh
0 Kudos

Lots of awesome Nook Around the World photos! Seems like we nook users like to be near water. I wonder if anyone will show their nook off in a forest or desert or maybe in the city. :3 

Keep you Nook Around the World photos coming. Where ever you and your nook are it isn't boring!