Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
tigger0229_

Nook Color Instruction Manual

well for us who haven't received our nookcolor, you can go to b&n and at least download the instruction manual. it's nice to review it before we have our unit in hand :smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color Instruction Manual

Picked mine up about an hour ago. The CS people are great, and do not rush you off the phone. They are more than willing to go over everything.

Love it.

Frequent Contributor
tigger0229_
0 Kudos

what's your impression??? :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Does someone have the url for the NookColor Instruction Manual at B&N.  Yes, I have it on my Nook, and I've made bookmarks in it, but I don't know how to get the bookmarks to show now, so I can go back to what I've bookmarked and not have to go again through 90 pages tap by tap.

Thanks

Wordsmith
NookGuy
0 Kudos

Just 'hover' over NOOK on the B & N homepage, and under the drop-down menu under NOOKColor click Support. All of the guides and user manuals are there.

No offense, but sometimes a little effort and a few seconds is all it takes to find information like that. 

Frequent Contributor
Guyon
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

" NookGuy: No offense, but sometimes a little effort and a few seconds is all it takes to find information like that."

Totally disagree.

If you post info about a link then post the link also.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

Guyon wrote:

Totally disagree.

If you post info about a link then post the link also.

You so, so, so, so, so, so missed the point.

Correspondent
MrToy
0 Kudos

Wordsmith
NookGuy
0 Kudos

Ya_Ya wrote:

You so, so, so, so, so, so missed the point.

Thanks Ya_Ya ... glad the point wasn't lost on everyone.

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824

In my defense, I thought I had made an effort...I did a search on B&N for "NookColor User Manual" and came up with Zip.  I checked drop down menus, but apparently missed the hoving thingy.

Anyway, I guess I thought that that was the purpose of these community boards...to help those of us who aren't totally familiar yet with the NookColor to get more comfortable with it.

Thanks to those who understood my frustration and offered help.

New User
hersheyDM

Don't feel like you have to defend yourself for asking a perfectly normal question. I am a senior citizen that is trying hard to keep up with things and I needed the same info that you did. And we do have to give him credit for sending the link because apparently it was very "PAINFUL"

New User
Babydoll74
0 Kudos

Hey, thanks for that information.  I read some other posting that people said you could not print the manual, but now I know they are wrong.  I wanted to print mine so I can follow through some of the instructions while I have it in front of me. 

New User
Babydoll74
0 Kudos

You can not bookmark borrowed books or read in store books.  But, if you are in a book that you want to read, just tap the screen once and a list at the bottom will show content.  Tap contents.  Right in that you will get a box that will come up, click on bookmarks and there is where  you can add remove and go back to were you left off. 

I hope this helps.

New User
Babydoll74
0 Kudos

Extended Warrenty Coverage (Purchase)

I want to purchase the extended warrenty coverage for 2 year plan.  Does anyone know what is the quickest way to get this plan and is it worth it?

Wordsmith
gandalf1369
0 Kudos

Re: Extended Warrenty Coverage (Purchase)

Babydoll74 wrote:

I want to purchase the extended warrenty coverage for 2 year plan.  Does anyone know what is the quickest way to get this plan and is it worth it?

Quickest way is to probably call Customer Service (1-800-THE-BOOK) and talk to them.  I'm pretty sure that it has to be purchased within 30 days of purchasing your nook but Cusomer Service can confirm that.  Is it worth it ??  Only you can answer that . . . .Some people think it is, some people don't.  Also check out the credit card that you used to purchase the nook.  Some credit cards will give an automatic extension of one year to the manufacturer's warranty at no cost.

An alternative to the B&N extended warranty is SquareTrade.com.  It's cheaper and alot of people on these forums think that it is a better deal.

**** He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins ****
New User
shep1313
0 Kudos

New User
0 Kudos

Can you download it?

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos