Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
cassie3783

Nook Friends Friend?

Anyone want to lend and borrow books with me?

I've got 40 of my 200+ books that are lendable if anyone wants to lend/borrow with me.

They're in the following categories:

• Romance
  • Suspense
  • Romance Comedy

New User
Zombiemom4
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Friends Friend?

I would be interested, however, I cannot seem to add any of my friends right now? I will let you know once the issue gets resolved!  Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
mettleh3d
0 Kudos

This seems like an interesting and potentially viral idea; if it weren't for silly 1-time lending.  This just leads to pairs of people sharing content, not really creating much of a community.

Distinguished Correspondent
Arestelle
0 Kudos

I like the idea, but those genres aren't really my cuppa. I'm into fantasy, sci-fi, science, and a smattering of other stuff (satire, dirt on the American educational system, occasionally philosophy, myths...myths aren't a far cry from fantasy, I suppose :smileyhappy: ).

Of course, most of what I actually have are those B&N Classics that they gave away last summer.

"One day a tortoise will learn how to fly."--Pratchett, Small Gods

Reading: The Demon-Haunted World
Last book read: Leon Martin and the Fantasy Girl (as a test reader--not yet published)
Contributor
cassie3783
0 Kudos

OK, so it's not just me!

A friend that I've previously lent with is no longer showing up in my friends list since the latest update for the Nook Color and I can't re-add her because it tells me she's already my in my friends list :-/  Sucks.

Contributor
Wootini
0 Kudos

I was pretty excited about the whole concept of Nook Friends ----- until I got into it.  :smileysad:

I joined the facebook group - I had 300 friends added - but for me, it had more drawbacks than benefits.

I truly despise the way the "returned" books junk up space on the Nook Color - you have to go online to nuke them off your library list.

The app  is not working - I haven't seen my "borrowables" list come up in the past 2-3 weeks.

and only being able to lend it once... oh heck.. the whole thing is not worth it.

And overall, the quality of books that are lendable pretty much sucks, IMO.  Then, even when you add 300 other people that want to "share" (term loosely applied)... most of them have either no significant lendable books or have the same crapola everyone else has - the 99c variety.

As for "community"... nope.  Doesn't really exist.  There's no way to message back and forth with other people.

I'm in the process of nuking all of the Nook contacts I added.   I'd rather just buy the books I want for myself and not waste time with the Nook Friends app.

Contributor
fogdryer
0 Kudos

add me

i like the same catergories.  i have me ebooks not listed on this site though.

S

Frequent Contributor
mettleh3d

Wootini wrote:

This is my whole feeling that this "community" attempt feels like communicating with smoke signals.  No proper messaging, 1-time lending, quote only purchased content, incompatible nook 1s, 0 if not negative incentive to dive into that waste of OS space. 

How about giving me some of that 2gb back?

Reader
TCKING1224

I am all for borrow & lending whatever I can. I have a variety of books including kids books for my girls.

Reader 2
AllieTetz
0 Kudos

I would love to be nook friends! I think we have similar tastes in books....email address so I can add you?

Contributor
fogdryer
0 Kudos

Contributor
cassie3783
0 Kudos

cassie.johnson24@hotmail.com  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
fogdryer
0 Kudos

I dido that

Correspondent
Steph0690
0 Kudos

There is a similar thread on the Nook Color forum which has helped me make some nook friends. It's nice to see the different books people have read and I've come across I few books I've purchased recommended through nook friends. If anyone would like feel free to add me.

E-mail: Steph0690@gmail.com 

friend me on Goodreads :smileyhappy:
http://www.goodreads.com/stephanya
Correspondent
MissShopaholic
0 Kudos

I just bought a nook color a month ago.  I am from South Texas and a 30 yr. old middle school teacher.  I read a lot of YA books to recommend to my students.  I love fiction books too like Dan Brown, Steve Berry, Brad Meltzer and ChicLit like Emily Griffen and Sophie Kinsella.  Currently I am reading "The Help" and "Boy in the Striped Pajamas" on my nook. If you want to take a chance at being a friend of mine, though I just started and don't have too many books, my email address is

duhnelle81@aol.com.

Contributor
chocolate_thunder_onya
0 Kudos

New User
kim_hamilton29
0 Kudos

@MissShopaholic, I too, am from South Texas (Magnolia) and I just got my nook color last week and so far I've only read one book. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I like his books and I just finished The Help on my husbands kindle. Loved that book, cant wait to see the movie! Anyways, I don't have many books YET, but if you or anyone would like to lend/borrow with me I'd be happy to! My email is kimberly.hamilton82@yahoo.com  or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/khamilton3 .

Contributor
fogdryer
0 Kudos

your email addy does not work via cox.net.  it does not work via B@N add a friend..............

i have all the authors you mentioned.  fogdryer@cox.net

Contributor
cassie3783
0 Kudos

I've got two e-mail addresses associated with my B&N account. Try cj031983@gmail.com. Sorry about that!
Contributor
Daisy1357
0 Kudos

I also have books in those genres.  I would love to friend you.  Message me your email.