New User
mollybw
0 Kudos

Nook Study on Nook Color

Anyone know when the Nook Color will support Nook Study?

I could REALLY use it.

Frequent Contributor
El_Nacho

Re: Nook Study on Nook Color

To date there have been no formal announcements on the topic from B&N. I completely agree with you that this would be a great feature for the Nook color. I have held off on the purchase of one and stuck with my original Nook but if they added this feature, it would be a must have for me. 
Dan

New User
Anfeldt24
0 Kudos

I am glad you asked about this because I need them to support NookStudy ASAP. What I have been able to find is that Google Books http://books.google.com/ebooks  is supported by the NookColor. They tend to be cheaper and the books do not take up any disk space on the NookColor. The Google ebooks are done via web.

I am very disappointed that NookColor does not support NookStudy. I purchased this over an Ipad because of that reason. I hope they get this taken care of ASAP. If this is not taken care of by B&N they will lose the ability to attact many future owners of the NookColor.

New User
Reptar2099

If Nook Study was available for Nook Color, I would buy a Nook Color right this second. The idea of bringing nothing to school except myself and a 2 pound device just makes me imagine how great my back would feel without having to lug around heavy backpack to every class.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

This is the Nook Classic discussion forum for the e-ink models. Many here don't know anything about the Nook Color or available programs for it. Try posting in one of the two following forums, one for the nook apps, or one for the nook color device:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Apps-Technical-Support-iPad/bd-p/eReaders

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/bd-p/NOOKcolorGeneralDiscussion

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
New User
JennMarie3313
0 Kudos

I bought the nookcolor and love it.  The only reason I purchased it is to see if they would release nookstudy to the nookcolor.  It seems that all the excuses for not putting it on the original BN digital reader have been solved with the new color version.  If it doesn't get released soon to the nookcolor there is really no reason for me to keep it.  I will just sell it and move on with my life...I hope they release it soon (like before fall semester).  I think they would sell a ton of them if we could get our textbooks on it and only have to carry around our nookcolors around campus.

New User
Larri
0 Kudos

I couldn't agree more that the Nook Color needs a Nook Study app. I've been hoping for one since last year, and yet there seems to be no headway, despite the fact that so many Nook users have asked about it, and it could easily work on the Nook Color. Not to mention the fact that it would be indispensable to college students. I had hoped that once the Nook Color went Android, B&N would make a Nook Study app available. It seems a lot of people are going to keep being disappointed.

New User
TheMatoe
0 Kudos

My mom and grandma bought be a Nook Color about 2 years ago because they were worried about my back being killed by school books. We were all so excited that I would be able to use my new "toy" for school. Semester after semester my school bookstore has flyers saying Nook Study will be available on Nook Color "soon". I wish I knew when soon was because I'm about to invest in a Kindle Fire because, oddly, the books for my course are available on it as I type. Had we known then, I wouldn't have a Nook Color now.