Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook

Nook Wi Fi + 3G for $99.00!!!!

OK, so it is a certified pre owned, but as been mentioned on here numerous times I don't se that being an issue at all IMO.  I personally have purchased 2 certified pre-owned Nook Wi Fi only models and they have worked like a charm

SO anyway - w o o t . com (spelled out funky for this post, I am sure you can figure it out) has the wi fi + 3g for just $99 (or I think like $109 with tax and shipping)

just mentioning it in case someone is in the market for one for a family member, friend etc

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80

Re: Nook Wi Fi + 3G for $99.00!!!!

I love my wifi/3G nook, and this is a hundred off the new price.  I would definately recommend this to anyone that doesn't have wifi around them like myself. 

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

I saw that, too, and couldn't help but chuckle a little... Woot is owned by Amazon! :smileyhappy:

Scribe
Haleakala_LKB
0 Kudos

RSC_Nook wrote:

OK, so it is a certified pre owned, but as been mentioned on here numerous times I don't se that being an issue at all IMO.  I personally have purchased 2 certified pre-owned Nook Wi Fi only models and they have worked like a charm

SO anyway - w o o t . com (spelled out funky for this post, I am sure you can figure it out) has the wi fi + 3g for just $99 (or I think like $109 with tax and shipping)

just mentioning it in case someone is in the market for one for a family member, friend etc

My youngest daughter is one of the few in our family who does NOT yet have a NOOK. She recently borrowed her brother in laws to take n her honeymoon and loved it. I've sent this to her, thanks!

LisaB

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

@RSC_Nook thanks! I e-mailed the link to my friend who had been saving up to put down the $199 for  Nook 3G and she snapped this up. She lives in a rural area without access to WFi so needs the 3G version. I also sent her the link to these discussions to help her learn to use all the features. I told her I would meet her for dinner once it gets here and help her get everything set up. I am so excited for her!

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Thanks!  :smileyhappy:

I just sent the link to my parents who have been bothering me about a Nook for a few months now.  Of course if they buy it before it sells out I can see where I'll be tech support... :smileysad:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

I just sent the link to my parents who have been bothering me about a Nook for a few months now.  Of course if they buy it before it sells out I can see where I'll be tech support... :smileysad:

Hence the reason I told my mom she couldn't have a Nook.:smileywink:

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

AlanNJ wrote:

Hence the reason I told my mom she couldn't have a Nook.:smileywink:

It gets worse... My father didn't want a refurb but my mother was fine with it.  So...they ended up purchasing the refurb today.  If they like it they'll buy a second "new" Nook.  I told them the refurbs were as good as the new ones but my father didn't want to listen.  I'm in deep kaka tech support-wise if they end up with two of them... :smileysad:

I also told a friend about the Nook on Woot and he bought one as well today.  I should get a commission from Woot.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

That is a good deal.

Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

The friend I e-mailed (and texted so she wouldn't miss the e-mail) was able to get one and is counting down the 5-7 business days to get it. Now if only there would be a surplus of NookColor's on the market. I think my son might enjoy having one but the price needs to go down first.

Distinguished Correspondent
smiller492
0 Kudos

Serendip wrote:

I saw that, too, and couldn't help but chuckle a little... Woot is owned by Amazon! :smileyhappy:

Seriously?  That's awesome!

New User
starvingmusician
0 Kudos

I hope it was worth the wait - mine just came!  Frantically trying to pack to head out of town, and no time to play with it...

:smileysad:

Inspired Contributor
boe0485

The Nook 3G $99.99 Woot! deal is still alive.  Woot! has an alternate site where they sell left over items that did not sell out by the end of the day when they change to a new deal.  The site is called moofi.  moofi is actually woot! turned upside down.  The link to the Nook 3G is:

http://moofi.woot.com/moofi/booknook

It doesn't say how many are left so good luck!

Distinguished Scribe
RSC_Nook
0 Kudos

boe0485 wrote:

The Nook 3G $99.99 Woot! deal is still alive.  Woot! has an alternate site where they sell left over items that did not sell out by the end of the day when they change to a new deal.  The site is called moofi.  moofi is actually woot! turned upside down.  The link to the Nook 3G is:

http://moofi.woot.com/moofi/booknook

It doesn't say how many are left so good luck!

wow, I have been a woot user for about 2 years (just check it quickly each day, have bought 5-6 things maybe in that span) and I NEVER knew about the moofi site.  awesome, thanks for the post!!!

New User
emalbritton
0 Kudos

The deal is still live.  I just ordered mine!!!

Frequent Contributor
Zion21
0 Kudos

This is one good deal especially for the 3G. I may just get this one to compliment my Nook Color.

Inspired Correspondent
Viktornka
0 Kudos

AlanNJ
0 Kudos