Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
sub_rosa
0 Kudos

Re: Nook covers/sleeves

Globaltech wrote:

I have the industrielle full cover.. and its golden...

Just curious - did you download that from a torrent site or maybe knock an old lady over the head and take it from her?

:smileyvery-happy:

Don't buy from Random House, Macmillan, or Penguin until the agency model is COMPLETELY dead.
Inspired Contributor
Jason_Corner
0 Kudos

Robert-J-Sawyer wrote:

How hard is it to pop the nook in and out of the clips on the Inustriell cover?  Is it something I could do frequently, or would it get to be a pain?  Thanks!

All of the Industriell covers use a solid tab locking system that uses two clips similar to the four clip system that held the Nook in its original packaging.  While it is easier to take out of then its original case, the clips would be a pain to use of you were popping it in and out.  I ended up getting the Dillane Plaid Cover in Night, which uses the caddy at the bottom and the two elastic bands at the top.  Obviously this is easier to remove the Nook from than the Industriell covers, and the Plaid cover also folds back when I'm reading on the Nook and its fairly low profile.

Frequent Contributor
jnicho
0 Kudos

Jaydoc wrote:

I vote for the M-Edge. I bought a beautiful leather cover that holds the light as well as the Nook, so it's perfect for air travel or reading in bed. I also got a cover with a clear face for beach reading

Thanks so much for the tip on the clear covers!  I own an Oberon (which I love so much) and that is great for every day use and transporting my Nook in my work bag.  But I was concerned about beach reading - the sand, most especially!  So I just went on M-Edge and bought the Lime Green Leisure Jacket for my upcoming beach vacation!

Leisure Jacket for nook™

Inspired Contributor
Jason_Corner
0 Kudos

How would the clear covers work with the touch screen?  Once you got started reading, I would assume you would have little problems with turning the page and such.

Frequent Contributor
jnicho
0 Kudos

Jason_Corner wrote:

How would the clear covers work with the touch screen?  Once you got started reading, I would assume you would have little problems with turning the page and such.

That's what the buttons are for - I usually swipe, but I am not against using the buttons. And I don't think the clear cover would pose anymore of a problem than a screen protector does.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Jason_Corner wrote:

Robert-J-Sawyer wrote:

How hard is it to pop the nook in and out of the clips on the Inustriell cover?  Is it something I could do frequently, or would it get to be a pain?  Thanks!

All of the Industriell covers use a solid tab locking system that uses two clips similar to the four clip system that held the Nook in its original packaging.  While it is easier to take out of then its original case, the clips would be a pain to use of you were popping it in and out.  I ended up getting the Dillane Plaid Cover in Night, which uses the caddy at the bottom and the two elastic bands at the top.  Obviously this is easier to remove the Nook from than the Industriell covers, and the Plaid cover also folds back when I'm reading on the Nook and its fairly low profile.

I wondered about that with the tabs...  I take mine out a lot.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

jnicho wrote:

Jaydoc wrote:

I vote for the M-Edge. I bought a beautiful leather cover that holds the light as well as the Nook, so it's perfect for air travel or reading in bed. I also got a cover with a clear face for beach reading

Thanks so much for the tip on the clear covers!  I own an Oberon (which I love so much) and that is great for every day use and transporting my Nook in my work bag.  But I was concerned about beach reading - the sand, most especially!  So I just went on M-Edge and bought the Lime Green Leisure Jacket for my upcoming beach vacation!

Leisure Jacket for nook™

How much are these running?  I love the look, it would be great on a cruise ship also!

Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

@Frog, the M-Edge leisure jacket is $34.99 w/ a flat $5 shipping fee.  I got one in yellow and I know I won't be disappointed when I hit the beach with my nook. 

Here's a link:

http://www.medgestore.com/products/nook-leisure.psp

gqb
Inspired Scribe
gqb
0 Kudos

Cover on Amazon

Amazon has this cover that's linked above for $15.99.  It's not as attractive as the m-edge leisure, but it is a lot cheaper.

I'm still using the large ziploc, but if I go to the beach, I might have to upgrade to a freezer bag or one of these.

New User
phillyguy
0 Kudos

i have the Bleecker style Cover - the elastic band to keep it closed is a really nice.

I chose this after looking at the options at the B&N store.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

AnnSheridan wrote:

@Frog, the M-Edge leisure jacket is $34.99 w/ a flat $5 shipping fee.  I got one in yellow and I know I won't be disappointed when I hit the beach with my nook. 

Here's a link:

http://www.medgestore.com/products/nook-leisure.psp

Thanks Ann!  I try not to count the cost on something like this, it's more like a cheap insurance policy! :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

One of the selling points that appealed to me about the M-Edge Leisure Jacket is that you can place the nook face down into the cushioned cradle, to protect the screen while it's being carried. 

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

AnnSheridan wrote:

One of the selling points that appealed to me about the M-Edge Leisure Jacket is that you can place the nook face down into the cushioned cradle, to protect the screen while it's being carried. 

In case anyone else was wondering about this:

New User
citizenmilton
0 Kudos

All of the covers that interest me are sold out.

Is there any estimate when more might become available?