Correspondent
LadyTessie
0 Kudos

Re: Nook covers

Ok, found great instructions on a different thread courtesy of sub_rosa (I think!) for adding a pic. So, here's my first go at making a cover. I'm expecting a skin from decalgirl next week. Looking forward to that.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263

LadyTessie wrote:

Ok, found great instructions on a different thread courtesy of sub_rosa (I think!) for adding a pic. So, here's my first go at making a cover. I'm expecting a skin from decalgirl next week. Looking forward to that.

That's really pretty!

Distinguished Wordsmith
DiAnneInDover
0 Kudos

Love it!!  Love the color, love the button.  I think you did a great job!

Inspired Correspondent
jynclr
0 Kudos

Reader
tyncam
0 Kudos

I was advised this morning that they should be in by mid-May.

Contributor
FordTaurus

DiAnneInDover wrote:

My store also didn't have any covers which disappointed me at first.  But then I realized that the delay just gave me time to really look and find a cover I'd like better.

After a lot of research, I ended up at www.oberondesign.com and absolutely fell in love.  Their covers aren't cheap ($75) but they are soooo worth every penny.  Hand-made from thick leather in a variety of designs and colors.  I bought the "Tree of life" pattern.  It's a work of art.  Don't balk at the price until you at least see it.  Here's a picture of mine:

--DiAnne

Just wanted to second this.  After finding no covers in the store I found these mentioned online and ordered on faith.  Excellent decision, simply a beautiful cover and provides plenty of protection (hard inserts, felt liner, secure holding strap system) for the nook.  I went for a different design in the blue and it just looks and feels like quality.  Also comes with custom pewter hardware and pull.  I have shown mine to friends and the 2 that own readers (a nook an a kindle) have both purchased them based on seeing.  I swear I'm not getting paid by these folks :smileyhappy:

I also liked it provides an edge for attaching a reading light.  I added a matte finish skin from decalgirl.com to eliminate reflections and am very pleased.

Regards

Frequent Contributor
JEJ29
0 Kudos

It depends on the store.  There are three B&N stores near us and they all have different selections.  I drove to each one for a different item.  What can i say I must accessorize my nook.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

I just got back from my B&N after purchasing a new cover for it, the Chesterton Quote Cover. They had 6 (I think) covers to look at.  The Chesterton, Industrial Shell, the trifold one, one of the Bleeker covers and one or two more.  It was nice to be able to pick each one up and hold it.  I picked the Chesterton because, like my current one, it has a pocket inside which is good for slipping your hand in when holding the Nook.  They also had the silicone covers and the light.

They were very interested in my decal girl skin also.  But I have to say, I pretty much knew more about how the Nook worked than the guy behind the counter.

Contributor
smcsk8

[ Edited ]

My mom made nook cases for both of us.  Aren't they super cute?  They zip closed, and are big enough to hold the charger and a light.

I'm trying to convince her to sell these on etsy.

Distinguished Wordsmith
DiAnneInDover
0 Kudos

Absolutely wonderful!  I've not heard of any covers that were zippered but I think it is great, especially if it holds accessories. 

Definitely convince her to sell them, but only if she can make enough money to pay for her time.  It seems that so often, a small hand-made item takes so much money in just materials that the craftsman doesn't make very much for the time involved.  But these are definitely sell-worthy.

Ditto for the green envelope I saw earlier in this thread.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:

I just got back from my B&N after purchasing a new cover for it, the Chesterton Quote Cover. They had 6 (I think) covers to look at.  The Chesterton, Industrial Shell, the trifold one, one of the Bleeker covers and one or two more.  It was nice to be able to pick each one up and hold it.  I picked the Chesterton because, like my current one, it has a pocket inside which is good for slipping your hand in when holding the Nook.  They also had the silicone covers and the light.

They were very interested in my decal girl skin also.  But I have to say, I pretty much knew more about how the Nook worked than the guy behind the counter.

Oh YEAH!  I was in my store this weekend, three different people trying to sell nooks and no one really knew anything beyond how to turn it on.  Two of them owned nooks and I was answering their questions...  "I added music to my nook, but when I try to listen to it the nook doesn't have it!"  response "Did you click check for new content?"  answer "No, am I supposed to?"

Everytime I walk in the store they question me about the decalgirl skin.

Correspondent
LadyTessie
0 Kudos

Thanks to Nallia, DiAnneInDover & jynclr for the compliments on my nook cover. I'm a novice sewist so they're really appreciated.

smcsk8 - your Mom did a fantastic job - very nice indeed! :smileywink:

Contributor
klauver
0 Kudos

Relief is coming!  Start looking in the bigger B&N stores for the new nook kiosks that will let you touch and feel the covers!

B&N's new CEO has made a big commitmtent to nook and will be installing these new nook displays right at the doorways as you walk in.

I got to see one at the big store in Dallas TX and it's pretty cool.
My B&N on Orlando is scheduled to get theirs April 30th.

So if you are considering ordering online site unseen, just wait a few more weeks!

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

klauver wrote:

Relief is coming!  Start looking in the bigger B&N stores for the new nook kiosks that will let you touch and feel the covers!

B&N's new CEO has made a big commitmtent to nook and will be installing these new nook displays right at the doorways as you walk in.

I got to see one at the big store in Dallas TX and it's pretty cool.
My B&N on Orlando is scheduled to get theirs April 30th.

So if you are considering ordering online site unseen, just wait a few more weeks!

It's not just large stores, my store here is relatively small and they have had this setup for over a week right now.  They originally didn't think they would ever stock the nook.

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

They Have a great Kiosk with covers at the BN on my campus (the BN PSU campus bookstore).  O btw i get more in store there as well!

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Contributor
WTX-Grl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I love my Da Vinci cover from Oberon in sky blue :smileyvery-happy:

The purple cover is my journal

Reader
anduals
0 Kudos

Check out the M-Edge cases review and pictures: