Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Re: Nook help with customer complaint

NienieJM wrote:

Well let's see......This thread has been seen by 200 people and some will now know when they call in and they have to repeat themselves many times over and say I don't understand please repeat yourself others will understand that they are not dealing  with help in there own country.  Not to mention the bad connection.  You can tell the difference when you are transferred from the USA to Philippines you can not hear very well at all.....

I think it is nuts that when it is complicated and they don't have the authority to ship or fix an issue that I have to be on hold for an hour while they iron it out with New Jersey or Arizona.

I'm not talking about push this button or that I am discussing returns.  How can someone in another country physically look to see that something came in to a warehouse in Arizona?  Do you have the ability to pull a nook off the shelf and ship without permission?

They don't even have full access to your account they have limited information that they can see the rest they have to call someone else.

Just a few reasons why you need customer service in the USA.

You have no concept of computer networks having access globally do you?  You sound like someone is going to physically run to the warehouse to check something for you.

Wow.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Correspondent
MegSLP

Alan--exactly!! No call center is attached to a warehouse. No call center is going to allow their employees to leave the phones to go look at a shelf in a warehouse. All inventories are computerized. Whether or not the call center has access to that particular database isn't dependent on what country they are in but whether or not BN allows them access to that database. I also take back my assumption that you are a bigot. I am just going to stick with idiot instead.
AlanNJ
0 Kudos

Are you calling me an idiot, Meg?  Sheesh!  :smileywink:

MegSLP
0 Kudos

Alan--LOL!! Please don't join the group with poor reading comprehension!
Frequent Contributor
Tero
0 Kudos

I suggest NienieJM go buy an iPad. We are dying to know where the call center for Apple is.

Correspondent
Rocknsoul

MegSLP wrote:
Alan--LOL!! Please don't join the group with poor reading comprehension!

:smileyvery-happy:It's easy to infer what you meant, but go back & read your post. It's addressed to Alan & since a new subject was never introduced, the "you" of the last sentences technically refers to Alan. :smileywink:

Step back & read it & it's very funny!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

AlanNJ wrote:

Are you calling me an idiot, Meg?  Sheesh!  :smileywink:

That's how I read it, too.  :smileysad:

Wordsmith
KingAl
0 Kudos

NienieJM wrote:

Well let's see......This thread has been seen by 200 people and some will now know when they call in and they have to repeat themselves many times over and say I don't understand please repeat yourself others will understand that they are not dealing  with help in there own country.  Not to mention the bad connection.  You can tell the difference when you are transferred from the USA to Philippines you can not hear very well at all.....

Quit generalizing. I have heard many stories of tech support where the caller was surprised to learn that the tech support was in India.

I think it is nuts that when it is complicated and they don't have the authority to ship or fix an issue that I have to be on hold for an hour while they iron it out with New Jersey or Arizona.

That would still be true even if they were in the United States.

I'm not talking about push this button or that I am discussing returns.  How can someone in another country physically look to see that something came in to a warehouse in Arizona?  Do you have the ability to pull a nook off the shelf and ship without permission?

Um, the same way they would if they were in the United States but not at that warehouse...

Just a few reasons why you need customer service in the USA.

Lousy reasons.

MegSLP
0 Kudos

Rocknsoul--My iPad ate the break in paragraphs. For some reason it has also eaten my smilies and ability to quote. So see, an iPad isn't always better!!!
Correspondent
timetravel
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

My nook died about one month before it's warranty was up.  I called customer service and they were wonderful.  Yes, he spoke with an accent, but spoke English well.  He was very patient with me while I explained everything and walked me through a few things to try.  Ultimately he told me I would have to return it.  He was very clear in explaining exactly how I needed to do it.  My nook arrived within a few days, and I sent mine back the next.  Today I contacted ST by email to see if my extened warranty would still be good and the answer was yes!  Of course I wish my first nook would not have gone out, but my customer service experience was great all around.  

Correspondent
Rocknsoul
0 Kudos

Meg, that makes perfect sense! I wonder why the iPad does that?

AlanNJ
0 Kudos

Rocknsoul wrote:

Meg, that makes perfect sense! I wonder why the iPad does that?

It must be a special feature.

MegSLP
0 Kudos

Rocknsoul-- I have no clue why it does it but this is the only message board that it has done it too. It is fine when I haul out my laptop but dang, the iPad is just cooler. LOL. Alan-- a very annoying special feature! But alas, I get to play Angry Birds so I will overlook it for now.
AlanNJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

MegSLP wrote:
Rocknsoul-- I have no clue why it does it but this is the only message board that it has done it too. It is fine when I haul out my laptop but dang, the iPad is just cooler. LOL. Alan-- a very annoying special feature! But alas, I get to play Angry Birds so I will overlook it for now.

You can do that on Android devices too... Nyah Nyah!  :smileywink:  (And Android devices will do line spacing correctly if you can log in with them)

Oh yeah, if you like Angry Birds try Stupid Zombies... Also addictive as all getout.

BN_Rick
0 Kudos

Hi Lulu63, I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your NOOK Color. Please call us at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and select option 2 for Digital Support so they may be able to assist. Please have your serial number ready.

Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos

kirs116 wrote:

Does any one know a e-mail address to B and N to complain about a device that was never sent back to me...I have been calling on the phone about a nook I sent back for a replacement back in January and no one is helping me in customer service..I am getting the run around

My question is: Why would you send yours out before you recieved your replacement?  I thought that once CS sent you the new/refurbed one, then you send back the one that broke?  At least if you still had the original you can possibly go to a B&N store and see if they can get a replacement for you.

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
New User
pennylanec
0 Kudos

I ordered a Nook online for my daughter's birthday on a Monday to ship 3 day select.  Her Birthday was on Thursday, so that should work.  I received an email on Monday saying that the order had shipped out.  On Friday, I still had not received it (after her birthday), so I clicked on the tracking information.  It said the label was printed and that was it, so I called ups and they stated they never received the package for shipping.  This is bad enough, but what happened when I tried to call customer service was even worse.  I waited on hold 10 minutes, a nice man came on and asked me all of my information and then told me that it shipped, i said it didn't , he transferred me to someone else.  I told this man the whole story - which took 12 minutes and then he said he couldn't help me and had to transfer me, then I was disconnected.  I then called back and waited on hold 10 minutes, was disconnected without ever talking to anyone.  Called back AGAIN, on hold for 7 minutes and finally talked to a man who told me it shipped - i said "it didn't" please give me a refund.  This is 5 phone calls, about an hour of very frustrating time.

As a consequence of this : My daughter did not receive her gift on her birthday, even though I ordered special shipping so that I would have it on time.  I lost 1 hour of time from work.  I became frustrated and upset.  I now have to drive an hour away on a Friday evening before a holiday weekend and will have to deal with traffic (make that 2 hours away!) to purchase one today so that I can give my daughter her gift a day late.  It looks to my daughter like I did not value her birthday enough to make sure I got her gift on time.

Inspired Correspondent
DeltaT
0 Kudos

You're a wonderful parent for going to such lengths to make sure your daughter got her birthday gift.  Since it will encourage her to read, the payback will be lifelong.

As for B&N CS, we all feel your pain and have been through some level of bad service.  Now that you have purchased from an actual store, you may be able to get some help from a regional manager in straightening the return and refund of the ordered Nook, should you ever get it.  And your credit card company can file a claim if you don't.

Best of luck and Happy Birthday to your daughter.:smileyhappy: