Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
kirs116
0 Kudos

Nook help with customer complaint

Does any one know a e-mail address to B and N to complain about a device that was never sent back to me...I have been calling on the phone about a nook I sent back for a replacement back in January and no one is helping me in customer service..I am getting the run around

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,015
0 Kudos

Re: Nook help with customer complaint

B&N generally doesn't respond to e-mail. They have an e-mail address for general inquiries, where they'll eventually send back a FAQ answer or a "call us".

Your best bet is probably to go to a B&N store and have one of the staff contact Customer Service for you.

Contributor
NienieJM
0 Kudos

Seems I am in the same boat as the poster.  I sent my nook in recently and have gotten nothing but a run around with customer service reps that lie from the phillipines because they are cheaper.  They tell you what they have been trained to say and are useless when it comes to actually having your returned item shipped to you. 

Seems B&N doesn't communicate all the information that the reps in the phillipines need to assist you and it is very hard to communicate with those that hardly speak clear english.  My nook froze and I did everything I was asked to.

Keep your receipts, box, shipping labels, RMA's  write down everything and I HAVE!  I just want a replacement nook for the one that it defective in the time frame I was told.

CS for the Nook has lied to me for the past 2 weeks saying the same thing over and over. Be careful folks of doing rapid replacement because YOU ARE GIVING foreigners you Credit Card information.

Shame on you B&N for out sourcing your Customer Service. You should be better than this and it will tank your revenue.

I'll buy an ipad next time or a Kindle.

Contributor
NienieJM
0 Kudos

Just to further my frustration with the email service  it says they will respond within 24-48 hours it took over a WEEK for anyone to answer my email.

Even with my tracking number of my returned device they said I would receive my nook when I returned mine.  Can you believe that! With the number in front of them would say that when clearly UPS shows when it was delivered and who signed for it.

Just another example of quality customer service.

Distinguished Correspondent
jamartMF
0 Kudos

NienieJM do you see a post a few lines down about lines on the screen?  Go there and find the post by Cece_R.  This person is a administrator and you can click on their name and it will take you to their profile.  Over on the right you can send them a private message.  Maybe you can get a quicker response from them.  I know you are frustrated but try to play nice and I hope they can help you.

Sorry I am sure there are ways to post the links making it easier but I don't know how yet.

Good luck.

Contributor
NienieJM
0 Kudos

I'll look. 

Thank you.  I contacted the service center in New Jersey Lyndhurst and of course they sent me straight back to the call center in the Phillipines.  Seems the right doesn't know what the left is doing and it is a darn shame that they don't all play on the same field.

I'll try the suggested info you sent.

Thank you-

Contributor
NienieJM
0 Kudos

I wasn't able to find the post you were suggesting.  Or Cece_R however I will add for others my recommendations to get customer service of any kind

Of course the number listed on B&N

New Jersey 1 800-962-6177

Barns and noble email

bnmanagementdigital@book.com

Good luck to the rest of you trying to get a replacement nook or a clear connection with Barns and noble customer service in the phillipines for the nook center.

jamartMF
0 Kudos

Okay  here goes some links if it works:

They told some one else to contact:  mailto:megan@barnesandnoble.com and to include your registered email address, your registered billing address and serial number of your device so we can take a look at it. I would also add any other information you have been given about the transfer.

Also here is the link to Cece_R profile page:  

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/370292

I hope these worked.

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose

NienieJM wrote:

Be careful folks of doing rapid replacement because YOU ARE GIVING foreigners you Credit Card information.

Shame on you B&N for out sourcing your Customer Service. You should be better than this and it will tank your revenue.

I'll buy an ipad next time or a Kindle.

Why do you think foreigners would be more likely to steal your credit card number? You run a risk whenever you give your number out. Sorry, but I do not think Americans are anymore honest (or corrupt) than any other group of people.

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Contributor
NienieJM
0 Kudos

When you call customer service you expect to have customer service in the country that you are calling.

I guess it should be more so of a warning of that you are speaking to reps over seas and not in the country you are seeking a rep.

Maybe no different but you wouldn't want to send out your debit card from your checking instead of using a guarantee card that would certainly help someone.

Not to mention I could not for the life of me figure out why I couldn't hear the person or understand.  Enough said .  100% English speaking customer.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518

NienieJM wrote:

When you call customer service you expect to have customer service in the country that you are calling.

What rock have you been living under?

►Without order there is chaos◄
Wordsmith
KingAl
0 Kudos

NienieJM wrote:

No, I don't. I don't care what country they are in as long as we can understand each other.

MegSLP
0 Kudos

I just find it hilarious that English is taught starting in grade schools in both the Philippines and India. In fact, English is the common language in India.
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

NienieJM wrote:

I guess it should be more so of a warning of that you are speaking to reps over seas and not in the country you are seeking a rep.

Maybe no different but you wouldn't want to send out your debit card from your checking instead of using a guarantee card that would certainly help someone.

Not to mention I could not for the life of me figure out why I couldn't hear the person or understand.  Enough said .  100% English speaking customer.

Where have you been?  It's more the exception to get a call center in the US now and it's pretty presumtuous to assume that simply because they're in a different company, they're going to steal your cc number.  Not to mention, I would suspect that have access to your account anyway as they handle account issues.

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

NienieJM wrote:

100% English speaking customer.

I'm beginning to doubt this, at least as far as it pertains to proper English.

Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC
0 Kudos

@Ya_Ya:

Amen!

And since we're already thoroughly OT, I haven't seen you around for awhile.  Everybody healthy and whole at your end?

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

@Brandie, yeah we're all healthy.  I just took an internet break.  

I'm a native Yankee, but my three years in the South, including working in one of those places where people had thick accents makes me protective, too.  My nephew was tickled (see?  I assimilated) when I called one of the farmers I dealt with and put nephew on the phone.  "He talks like 'Mater!"  

New User
Lulu63
0 Kudos

Wow these posts are very disheartening.  I loved my Kindle, but my little son's friend stepped on it.  My older son replaced it with a NookColor and although I am not loving it as much as my Kindle, I would never tell him that.  Now my Nook is doing some crazy spasm thing about every 15 minutes.  It's like it becomes possessed and the page bar will blink and then a word will highlight and if I try to advance a page it only goes backwards.  After I completely turn it off and back on again, it is fine for about another 15 mins.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I was hoping a firmware update would fix it.  I'm dreading going the customer service route.

GeneHunter
0 Kudos

Lulu63 wrote:

Now my Nook is doing some crazy spasm thing about every 15 minutes. ...

Sounds like your screen needs a good cleaning.

Contributor
NienieJM
0 Kudos

Well let's see......This thread has been seen by 200 people and some will now know when they call in and they have to repeat themselves many times over and say I don't understand please repeat yourself others will understand that they are not dealing  with help in there own country.  Not to mention the bad connection.  You can tell the difference when you are transferred from the USA to Philippines you can not hear very well at all.....

I think it is nuts that when it is complicated and they don't have the authority to ship or fix an issue that I have to be on hold for an hour while they iron it out with New Jersey or Arizona.

I'm not talking about push this button or that I am discussing returns.  How can someone in another country physically look to see that something came in to a warehouse in Arizona?  Do you have the ability to pull a nook off the shelf and ship without permission?

They don't even have full access to your account they have limited information that they can see the rest they have to call someone else.

Just a few reasons why you need customer service in the USA.