Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
wkelley
0 Kudos

Nook is FROZEN?

My Nook seems to be frozen!  I've taken the battery out, left it out for 4 hours and put it back in, but it has not reset.  I've left it on the charger for a few hours as well.  Any suggestions? 

Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine
0 Kudos

Re: Nook is FROZEN?

@wkelley- Can you give us a bit more information? Which NOOK do you have? What do you see on the screen?

Contributor
avosm1998
0 Kudos

My Nook is doing the same thing.  It froze last night.  I tried holding the power button down to reset but it did nothing.  Left the battery out all night and was still on the same screen.  I have a the N1E 3G version.  I have the most current software update on there and ordered it when it first came out in 2009.  My screen is showing black and white lines that are going up and down..

Reader
evesdrop
0 Kudos

I have the original Nook, and three times in the past week, it has frozen...can't turn it on or off, the screen either goes white, or the screen saver picture stays in place. I have taken the battery out each time. The 2nd time, when I took the battery out, the Nook came back on to tell me that I needed to charge it...I just did! I was down to 17% battery power without even using it since I had just unplugged it from the charger! Now I have to carry a small screwdriver in my purse to take the nook apart? What is up with this?

Distinguished Correspondent
SLevine
0 Kudos

Both of you should call Digital Support via 1800THEBOOK.  Please keep us posted!

Contributor
carolyncbuckley
0 Kudos

I had this issue when I first got my Nook last October. It locked up on the screensaver and I couldn't get it to turn off. Since it was brand new, I took it back to B&N for them to mess with it. :smileyhappy: They took the battery out, replaced it with a new one, and gave it back to me. I haven't had any problems since.

Have someone at the store look at it. The customer service was great!