Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
mpebbs
0 Kudos

NookBooks

If you go to search on the website now the ebooks have been rebranded as nookbooks and the whole look has changed.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

Re: NookBooks

[ Edited ]

Sounds like another NOOK branding change.

mpebbs
0 Kudos

Yep except this time they decided to rename all ebooks...kinda like the kindle singles. I wonder why we can't just buy ebooks anymore. Oh well I guess this means war!!!

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

On the B&N website?  Mine still says e-book everywhere.

►Without order there is chaos◄
mpebbs
0 Kudos

Check a list like coming soon and you should see the difference.

Inspired Wordsmith
sirwillard
0 Kudos

Searches for 0.00 are working again... sort of. The first four entries are for books priced at $26.46. :smileysurprised:

Check out my books on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/profile/wekempf
AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

mpebbs wrote:

Check a list like coming soon and you should see the difference.

Now I've seen it in a few places...

►Without order there is chaos◄
Correspondent
token787
0 Kudos

It has Nookbooks in parenthesis, it would be nice if it was a highlighted color so it would be easier to recognize.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

I like the new NookBook look  :smileyhappy:

I just did a general, all products, search for a title I've been wanting and the NookBook designation made it much easier to spot the eBook version so that I would do my price comparison.

I especially like the little multi-color NookBook thumb tab at the bottom of the cover.

mpebbs
0 Kudos

Its changed at the green menu bar up top now too, I think they must be trying to sneak the changes up on us gradually.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ozman69
0 Kudos

Under "Newsstand" there is now a Coming Soon page for Nook Newsstand.  Hoping they actually have more to offer soon.

The above is based upon my opinion... yours may vary!
Contributor
Caleb_Anderson
0 Kudos

Well, the nook and related websites/ products can be confusing. I say keep the webpage like it is.

Nook AC Adapter & USB Cable Kit

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Me gusta. Looks much cleaner.

Also, who whole "Bookmaster 9.0 will look more like the website!" thing actually makes sense now.

E: That last part was for the booksellers. Civilians ignore it.

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

A brief period of relative quiet ahead?

[ Edited ]

I wonder if we won't get so many newcomers with problems, now that the link to the forums from the main B&N site is hidden in the Books drop-down. If you don't already know your way here, you'll probably need some Google-fu to find us.

I'm sure that it won't last for long. :smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
graycyn

I was annoyed. It just seemed too cutesy to me. Call an ebook an ebook, for heaven's sake.

Aside from that, as slow as the BN.com page is to load already, the changes have just made it SLOWER! BN, please stop making it more difficult to shop!

Nook WiFi, Sony 950, 2 Sony 350s.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947
0 Kudos

graycyn wrote:

I was annoyed. It just seemed too cutesy to me. Call an ebook an ebook, for heaven's sake.

Aside from that, as slow as the BN.com page is to load already, the changes have just made it SLOWER! BN, please stop making it more difficult to shop!

Odd it got a ton snappier for me.

Are you using Chrome yet?

BelgianAlien
0 Kudos

Thank goodness for a browsing history... got to the BN site, and I couldn't find the bookclubs link.... aaargh... once I got there from a link in my browser history I was lucky enough to find a post here explaining it's now in the "book" pulldown. Me no likey.

-----------
Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. ~P.J. O'Rourke
Scribe
lkmiller
0 Kudos

Re: A brief period of relative quiet ahead?

Gah!  It took me quite a bit of wandering about before I finally found a new way to get here.

Distinguished Wordsmith
sygram
0 Kudos

Re: A brief period of relative quiet ahead?

Same here, just glad I hadn't wiped my history from yesterday.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

sirwillard wrote:

Searches for 0.00 are working again... sort of. The first four entries are for books priced at $26.46. :smileysurprised:

That actually started a couple of days ago, I searched for 0.00 and got the 4 $26 books.

I also found the threads about this somewhat amusing.  On first glance, I don't really like the new look and it took me a while to find the link to the forums which only seem to work properly from the main page.  But I also know from maintaining a portion of intranet at work, that no matter what changes you make, there's going to be a group who doesn't like the new layout, the group who didn't like the old layout, the group that doesn't like either layout.  My experience is that no matter what you do, someone is not going to like it.  What would really be nice is if the could have a customizable section, where each user could be put links to the areas they visit the most.

That said, I don't like it, at least not at first glance, but I'll hold back my opinion until I've used it a while.  It did seem to work a lot faster for me that before, and I didn't notice much slowness before, but it seems faster now.