Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
bebejasy8881
0 Kudos

Nookcolor

My family bought my nook (wifi,G3) 5 months ago and at the time they just like me thought we were getting the greatest in the market when comparing it to other eBooks. Yesterday I get an email introducing the new NOOKcolor. Obviously, has better features than the one my family got me. Im just wondering did anyone out there know that there was a new nook coming out this yr. I definitely would had waited. The new NOOKcolor meets my needs. I travel a lot, read magazines, newspapers, 3 or 4 books at a time. Im always bragging to everyone how great this eBook is. Im just a little disappointed that I didnt know that a new and better nook would be out this yr. Im just saying. 

Inspired Contributor
moemac

Re: Nookcolor

There were rumors going around (but I don't think I even heard the rumors until the last few weeks), but five months is a long time to wait. Besides, as it has been mentioned on here many times, this is not a "new Nook" as you describe but a separate device that meets another market niche. I think it would be great for magazine reading, but this doesn't have 3G so it's not good for traveling (unless you hit wifi locations). If you read a lot, than stay with the e-ink Nook (the one you bought). Your eyes will thank you.

"Don't parse the blurb"