Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
GullyGods

Not Easily Washed Away:Memoirs of a Muslim's Daughter

Read the excerpt and you're guaranteed to get hooked. New to Nook but a hit on the other...

Not Easily Washed Away 

Correspondent
token787
0 Kudos

Re: Not Easily Washed Away:Memoirs of a Muslim's Daughter

Sounds interesting! Downloading sample.

Contributor
GullyGods
0 Kudos

Should be a good read Token.

Wordsmith
steffiebaby140
0 Kudos

Definately a wish lister for now, but it sounds like something I'd like.

In a perfect world the chicken would be able to cross the road without his intentions being questioned.
Contributor
GullyGods
0 Kudos

Hey Steffie, How are you? May I ask why it would go on your wish list and not an immediate buy? Is it price or otherwise? I would love to know

Distinguished Correspondent
GordonF
0 Kudos

Interesting, wishlisted is as well - price is right, just got too many other things already on my Nook to read right now.

Stop At Nothing - Show Your Teeth
New User
JessicaRJR
0 Kudos

Is this based on a true story, or is it a true story? The excerpt does sound horrifying, to think that things may really like that in Pakistan. I'll pick this one up later this week and share my thoughts.

My favorite books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, and anything related to Biology, Internet marketing, or Fantasy.
Contributor
GullyGods
0 Kudos

Hey Jessica,

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. Been very busy. Yes it is based on a true story. Thanks so much for your interest.