Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
kdsCA
0 Kudos

Notes don't appear as notes even though they exist in the device

This is kind of hard to describe clearly so bear with me.  Basically:  Notes made on a PC are in the Nook, but they don't appear as notes.

I was travelling and lost a printed book along the way, and facing a long flight home, decided to buy the EPub version even though my Nook was at home.  I downloaded/installed Nook for PC so I could read on the way home.  While reading I like to highlight and take notes, which I did.

When I get home, I switch on the Nook HD+ and allow it to sync.  I can access the book and all the HIGHLIGHTS are there, but there are no "note" icons.  I can tap on the highlight, and there is no indication that there is a note (and no way from the page to see the comment I made).

However, There is an option for "Highlights and Notes" which lists all the notes that I made on the PC are there!  A can scrol through that list and see the comments.  They just don't appear on the page as a note.

To see if I am doing this correctly, I go and create a new note on the Nook HD+.  This note is accepted and little page icon appears on the right edge.  But none of the notes that I created on the PC have this icon and I can not figure out any way to access them from the page.

The statistics for the book says that there are 57 highlights and 1 note.  Yet the comments that I typed in as NOTES on the PC are in the "highlights", they just don't appear in the nook as a note.  It seems that all the notes I made on the PC are not considered notes on the Nook, but the text I wrote is actually there!  Is there any way to *convert* to a note?

Can someone tell me what is going on?  And how to make my notes appear as notes?

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: Notes don't appear as notes even though they exist in the device

You'll need to ask this in the HD section.  You're in the first editon (original nook) section.