Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Jazola
0 Kudos

Other Sources of Nook-compatible Ebooks

I have seen several sites listed for ebooks that are compatible for the nook - I failed to save them in any shape -- can anyone send along their favorite sites.

TIA, 

Zola :smileywink:

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos
Contributor
Cpplt
0 Kudos

Re: Other Sources of Nook-compatible Ebooks

Project Gutenberg

Also take a peek at "Calibre" for converting other formats into an epub, it's a bit easier than it appears :smileyhappy:

Contributor
ButterFlyGirl7
0 Kudos

My favorite site is INKMESH, I have found a lot of books that I like on that site.

Distinguished Correspondent
morgman
0 Kudos

I have a whole library of books I've read on my Palm Pre.  My library was from Kobo books, and using the Adobe Digital Edition client on the PC I could not read my online books on the PC, but transfer them to my nook and nook color.    

It works, and I can read these just fine, but don't have any of the integrated features like cover art, ability to lend, etc. 

Inspired Contributor
Paginate
0 Kudos

I just recently bought some ebooks from Powells.  They sell DTB in Portland Oregon but you can also get ebooks from their store website.  The reason I decided to try them out is because they will give you store credit for your used DTB that you can use on ebooks.  All I had to do is type in the ISBN of each book I wanted to sell on their website and two seconds later I was given an amount they would pay me for my books.  Then I just had to print out the prepaid UPS label they provided and send in my old books.  I cleaned up some clutter and got some ebooks in the process.:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

@Paginate, that's very cool.

I usually donate my DTBs, but it's great to see a retailer thinking outside the box.  

Frequent Contributor
DHawthorne
0 Kudos

I use Fictionwise.com and eBooks.com the most.