Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
jlg881
0 Kudos

OurNooks & Cruising!

My DH & I took our Nooks with us on a cruise this weekend and it was wonderful!  It was a little breezy on the the Lido desk and you saw people with DTBs trying to hold their pages down and and stuff and we just kept on reading! Also we saw alot of our brothers and sisters but not one single Kindle, which was a big surprise for us since they supposedly sell the most.  Actually for the entire trip, including the airports, the beach, and the hotels, we only saw one Kindle and one Sony.  All the rest were Nooks!  We ruled the weekend, at least in our world.

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Re: OurNooks & Cruising!

jlg881, how wonderful it is to take a Nook on a cruise!  Yes, you don't have to worry about any breeze turning over the pages.  No sight of a Kindle on the cruise is something Barnes and Noble likes to hear.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

jlg881 wrote:

My DH & I took our Nooks with us on a cruise this weekend and it was wonderful!  It was a little breezy on the the Lido desk and you saw people with DTBs trying to hold their pages down and and stuff and we just kept on reading! Also we saw alot of our brothers and sisters but not one single Kindle, which was a big surprise for us since they supposedly sell the most.  Actually for the entire trip, including the airports, the beach, and the hotels, we only saw one Kindle and one Sony.  All the rest were Nooks!  We ruled the weekend, at least in our world.

Very cool!

Scribe
Haleakala_LKB
0 Kudos

Leaving for Cancun on Saturday. Husband and I each taking our NOOKs with the Trendy Digital waterproof covers. Plan to read by the pool, on  the beach, on the plane... He got me mine late November and then he had me pick one up for him two weeks ago, mainly for this trip!

LisaB

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

I just got back from a cruise earlier this month.  I took my Nook with me.  I think I may have sold 6 or so while I was on the ship... :smileyhappy:

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Contributor
Imadanefan
0 Kudos

We got back from a two week trans-atlantic cruise november 15, while gone a ended up reading five books on my iphone 4, everywhere I looked people were using ereaders I started to ask a lot of questions and decided I would have to get one. We finally made it home and took some time to research. Didn't take long to rule out the other guys " couldn't see me stuck with one store" decided that a new nook was in my future, went out on black Friday night to buy a classic and can say I came home a proud owner of a nookcolor. Must say I will never be without one again. Maybe not always a nookcolor but I will have a nice ereader
Distinguished Wordsmith
Conniecats
0 Kudos

jlg881 wrote:

We ruled the weekend, at least in our world.

:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
GeneHunter
0 Kudos

Re: Our Nooks & Cruising & more

One trip to Bonaire, two cruises, two National Conferences where I'm in the Exhibit Hall for way to many hours with little floor traffic while classes are in session, etc. etc.

Don't leave home without my nook.

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

Gosh, don't you love It! The nook is so Wonderful! So glad to see these kinds of threads. I take mine to church. I can find chapter and verse before anyone. Sure didn't mean to sell them at Church! ..........................................................I am the author of my life. Unfortunately I'm writing in pen and I can't erase my Mistakes!
Frequent Contributor
tjatkins
0 Kudos

From my experience working in a library, I think the Nook is bound to overtake the Kindle at some point.  I never see anyone with Kindles, only Nooks.  That could have to do with the fact that the library's e-book database does not work with Kindle.  Also could be because there is a B&N less than a mile away.

Still...