Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
kc5455

Overwhelmed Nook Owner

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
__Dr. Seuss
Contributor
MiamiCyn
0 Kudos

Re: Overwhelmed Nook Owner

LOL I love it! I equate my nook library and myself to the episode of the classic Twilight Zone called Time Enough at Last with Burgess Meredith (showing my age)

Contributor
CYinVT

Great artistic rendition, kc5455.

I am wishing for the magic transformer module that will allow me to insert an unread book from my home library into one end and have it come out e-book-ified on the other end :smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

I love it! :smileyhappy:

Do you mind if I use it as a screensaver on my nook?

kc5455
0 Kudos

@AnnSheridan

:smileyhappy:I'd be honored if you did!

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
__Dr. Seuss
Wordsmith
AnnSheridan
0 Kudos

Thanks, kc!

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@kc5455

One picture really IS worth a thousand words -- provided it's the right picture.  Thanks!  :smileyvery-happy:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
PBReilley
0 Kudos

Fabulous art, kc! :smileyvery-happy: 

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

@ kc5455,

Too cute!

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

Excellent cartoon.  This is SO true!

I have at least 4 months of reading on my nook.

Inspired Wordsmith
icebike
0 Kudos

MiamiCyn wrote:

LOL I love it! I equate my nook library and myself to the episode of the classic Twilight Zone called Time Enough at Last with Burgess Meredith (showing my age)

Buy a backup pair now while you still can!  

Reader 4
NookAddict13
0 Kudos

LOVE IT!!! This is exactly me as well lol :smileyhappy:

What a great pic for a screensaver as well - so well done.

Correspondent
LadyTessie
0 Kudos

Wow KC! That's a fun graphic. With your extended permission, I think I'll join AnnSheridan and add to my nook for wallpaper or screen saver purposes. It really makes me smile.

Terry

Contributor
ButterFlyGirl7
0 Kudos

I love it!  Everytime I pick up my NOOK that is what I think.:smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
DBDigital
0 Kudos

LOL that is great!  If you don't mind I am going to add that to my nook as well.  Priceless!  It is certainly the way I feel.  SOOO much great content out there so little time to enjoy it.  Oh well, we just have to do the best we can.  :smileyhappy:  Although if I don't start using a backhoe soon.....I am going to end up buried. :smileywink:

-DB

Inspired Contributor
astrangerhere
0 Kudos

DBDigital wrote:

LOL that is great!  If you don't mind I am going to add that to my nook as well.  Priceless!  It is certainly the way I feel.  SOOO much great content out there so little time to enjoy it.  Oh well, we just have to do the best we can.  :smileyhappy:  Although if I don't start using a backhoe soon.....I am going to end up buried. :smileywink:

-DB

At least with the Nook, you arent burying your entire family with physical tomes as well.  I think my girl appreciates that the most - i have not added to our OVERFLOWING bookcases since I got the Nook.

The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience. --To Kill a Mockingbird
Frequent Contributor
100kgs
0 Kudos

Awesome picture!

And I think every new nook owner has that feeling.  I know I sure did.

"Not that I have anything against senseless violence, manling, but why are you strangling that old man?" - Gotrek Gurnisson
Frequent Contributor
graycyn
0 Kudos

I love it! And it's just how I felt when I got my Nook!

Nook WiFi, Sony 950, 2 Sony 350s.
Frequent Contributor
EscapistFL
0 Kudos

Yep, I'm "overwhelmed" too and loving it!  Good job!

Frequent Contributor
Brucester
0 Kudos

AnnSheridan wrote:

I love it! :smileyhappy:

Do you mind if I use it as a screensaver on my nook?

It will lose something in black and white, don't you think?