Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
MaryAZGal
0 Kudos

Passcode Protect the NOOK Simple Touch

I was able to passcode my NOOKcolor so that to use it, you had to input a code.  Without the code the NOOK cannot be used.   I do not see this option on the Simple Touch.    I have set it up so that no purchases can be made without my B&N password, but would like to set up a passcode if possible for the NOOk itself.

Correspondent
Byteguy
0 Kudos

Re: Passcode Protect the NOOK Simple Touch

That option isn't available for the Nook Simple Touch.

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

I agree, and I would assume this would be simple as the interface layout is very similar to the NC.  Maybe in patch 1.1?

Frequent Contributor
MaryAZGal
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses.   I just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed something.  YES, I hope it is an update soon.   It is a good feature to have.

New User
Tao2012
0 Kudos

The master passcode protection is very important. I do hope they will add this feature in the updates.