Contributor
NJReaderDP
0 Kudos

Poor Customer Support for Sound Issue

I called Customer Service to try and troubleshoot the common sound issue with the Nook Color (sound works when you power on the device but no sound after it comes out of sleep mode).

The Customer Service Rep I spoke with informed me that this is how the Nook Color device normally operates and the device is not defective.  She also informed me that I should do a soft reset each time it comes out of sleep mode if I want to hear sounds on my Nook Color.  I told her that it seems it is a rather common problem based on the BN Forums and even from feedback from the store where I bought the product and that many customers were able to simply exchange the device for one that works.  The rep told me that she cannot authorize an exchange since there is nothing wrong with my device.

Am I missing something here?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: Poor Customer Support for Sound Issue

[ Edited ]

NJReaderDP wrote:

I called Customer Service to try and troubleshoot the common sound issue with the Nook Color (sound works when you power on the device but no sound after it comes out of sleep mode).

The Customer Service Rep I spoke with informed me that this is how the Nook Color device normally operates and the device is not defective.  She also informed me that I should do a soft reset each time it comes out of sleep mode if I want to hear sounds on my Nook Color.  I told her that it seems it is a rather common problem based on the BN Forums and even from feedback from the store where I bought the product and that many customers were able to simply exchange the device for one that works.  The rep told me that she cannot authorize an exchange since there is nothing wrong with my device.

Am I missing something here?

Not having a NOOKColor, I have seen but not followed very closely the posts in the NOOKColor boards about sound issues.  Not sure how long you've had your NC, but have you taken it to the store to see if they can help you there?  Stores do not usually do exchanges after the 14 days, but it is up to the individual store manager.

You could also call CS again and see if you get a different answer.

Also, you may be missing something "here" :smileywink: as this is the nook forum, so you may want to post on one of the NOOKColor boards -

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/bd-p/NOOKcolorGeneralDiscussion

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/bd-p/NOOKcolortechnicalsupport

Contributor
NJReaderDP
0 Kudos

Ooops, you're right...This post should have been in another board so I was indeed missing something :smileywink:....

Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
Judy54JR
0 Kudos

this happened to me with my color. I took it into the store and they first called customer service and they did a software reset back to factory defaults. the sound worked so i went home. What I noticed was that each time I plugged the head phones into it the sound went out. I took it back to the store and they said since the software reset didn't fix the problem it had to be hardware. They replaced it right then and now I have no problems. I like going to the store; I always get help. It's amazing the different results you get if you are getting upset in front of a live person verses getting upset over the phone. I really didn't have to say too much either time at the store to get mine replaced with a new one.