Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
NanKR
0 Kudos

Post your lendable books!!

Hey everyone!

Under "My Essentials" start a new list called "Lendable books".  Then everyone can easily see what you have to lend and you can see what others have to lend.  I'd like to see B&N add a separate place for people to list their lendables.  Maybe that will happen eventually. :smileyhappy:

Contributor
NanKR
0 Kudos

Re: Post your lendable books!!

Never mind.  That will only work for people who have public profiles.  How can we start an ebook lending library here?

Correspondent
EmrysIN
0 Kudos

The people that want to participate can make their profile public. I have a facebook account and keep a list of every book I download in my 'notes' section. :smileytongue:  Perhaps we could start a facebook eBook free for all.

Distinguished Correspondent
Whitecat5000
0 Kudos

You could just sign up at www.booksfornooks.com also.

Contributor
NanKR
0 Kudos

EmrysIN wrote:

The people that want to participate can make their profile public. I have a facebook account and keep a list of every book I download in my 'notes' section. :smileytongue:  Perhaps we could start a facebook eBook free for all.

There's already one on FB.  It's called "I have a nook and I'm willing to share books".

Contributor
NanKR
0 Kudos

Whitecat5000 wrote:

You could just sign up at www.booksfornooks.com also.

I did.  Not a great selection.  I guess the problem is that there's just not a great selection of lendable books overall.

Contributor
retiredreaderTX
0 Kudos

Before you lend any books, be aware that you can only lend an ebook ONCE.  B&N does not really publicize the fact, but my friend just tried to loan a book which I had been loaned and that feature is gone from her choices.

Also be aware that an iPad ereader app CANNOT loan a book to a nook.  This fact was verified after I called Customer Support for the nook ereader.

I'm a bit disgruntled that these facts were not made completely and openly before I bought the nook.  My friends and I buy lots of books and the lendable feature was the major reason I decided on a nook instead of a Kindle or an iPad.

Contributor
retiredreaderTX
0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant that a nook could not lend to an iPad.  An iPad CAN lend to a nook. 

Inspired Correspondent
amillio
0 Kudos

Cant we just list the books we have here and if someone wants one they can private message us with their email address. 

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

amillio wrote:

Cant we just list the books we have here and if someone wants one they can private message us with their email address. 

Just be aware that your email address is also your user name to your account, I wouldn't want just anyone to have that information myself...

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

NanKR wrote:

Never mind.  That will only work for people who have public profiles.  How can we start an ebook lending library here?

As long as we can only lend a book one time, it will be hard to start an eBook lending library.  Every book you lend to a stranger will be a book that you can't lend later to a friend who might want it.  Sad but true. :smileysad:

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+