Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Caddy21
0 Kudos

Pre-order?!?!?

The books in my nook library all say pre order next to them what does this mean?

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

Re: Pre-order?!?!?

@Caddy21

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

It depends.  Are any of them real pre-orders?  Did they show up normally before?

If this is a sudden change, check their status in My Library on your B&N account.  If they show up normally there, cycle the power on your Nook -- press the Power button to bring it to white screen.  Then give it a minute, and turn it back on.  Make sure that Airplane Mode is off, and tap "Check for New B&N Content", and see whether that fixes it.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
New User
Caddy21
0 Kudos

The books on my online account library are all normal. I tried turning it off and back on again it did not fix it. I am thinking that it may be a problem with connecting to my wi-fi. The place that I am trying to connect asks for me to long into it allowing me the internet access. I have used it before but the it will not bring me to the page to allow me to long in it says redirection error. I do not know how to solve this issue.

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@Caddy21

Sorry that didn't work.

Time to call Customer Service, my friend.  Dial 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), select Option 2 for Digital Support.  They should be able to help you.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
Frequent Contributor
mettleh3d
0 Kudos

Happened to me this morning as well.  I just pressed "check for new content" (with wifi on) and it corrected everything.

BN_Rick

Hi Caddy21, I'm sorry to hear about your issue. If powering off the device (Please note: to turn off the device you must hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds) and checking for new BN content has not worked, please contact Digital Support for further assistance.

Please call 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), Monday through Friday from 8AM to 11:00PM EST, Saturdays and Sundays 9AM to 11:00PM and select option 2 for Digital Support.

Please have your email address to your online account and serial number ready. 

Reader
Simplimazing
0 Kudos

Thanks.  Took off airplane mode and checked for content and everything went back normal