Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

Re: Preordered books not loading after release on nookcolor

WingNut42 wrote:

I was able to download the book to my PC but I want it on my Nook and it STILL won't download via the Nook Color.  ???

Yes, this has been an issue for some.  I had it with my last pre-ordered book.  I was able to get it to download on everything (computer, N1E and NC) but not my NST/N2E.  It finally downloaded about 2 days later.  I'm not sure why this happend but hope that BN will notice the complaints about it and rectify the issue (I know I should probably call their tech support line and notify them of the issue but like so many others I just don't have the time to sit on the phone).  At the moment I see this as a major annoyance as I don't pre-order too often unless it is one of 3 authors that I have been reading for years.

Frequent Contributor
Loyd
0 Kudos

Re: Prerecorded books not loading after release on nookcolor

I was unable to get rid of that "Preorder" banner too. I tried the archive/unarchive route, refreshes and restarts but nothing would make it go away. The book was there okay but is was represented on-screen with an ugly black outline and truncated name. I plan to re-read that one so I was keeping it around.

It was finally replaced with the book cover thumbnail when I had to de-register my Nook Touch and re-download all my books. I don't want to have to have to go through that again so I think I'll avoid pre-ordering books in future.

New User
rleberle
0 Kudos

you are my lifesaver! thank you! This worked!

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

FWIW, I don't pre-order anymore because of this issue.  I set a reminder in my calendar and buy the book on release day.

Also, B&N determines the release day based on Eastern time, and the books are usually available to buy without pre-order at about 12:30am ET on the release day.  So that's 11:30pm CT, 10:30pm MT and 9:30pm PT the day before release day for the other US time zones.

RHWright
0 Kudos

keriflur wrote:

FWIW, I don't pre-order anymore because of this issue.  I set a reminder in my calendar and buy the book on release day.

Also, B&N determines the release day based on Eastern time, and the books are usually available to buy without pre-order at about 12:30am ET on the release day.  So that's 11:30pm CT, 10:30pm MT and 9:30pm PT the day before release day for the other US time zones.

You would think they would have wised up to the time zone thing. This could cause B&N trouble if a title has a contractual street date.

New User
AshleyG33
0 Kudos

Same problem and just did what you suggested and it worked!! Thanks so much!
keriflur
0 Kudos

RHWright wrote:

keriflur wrote:

You would think they would have wised up to the time zone thing. This could cause B&N trouble if a title has a contractual street date.

I suppose it would depend on how the contract is structured, but they are headquartered in NYC, and so are most of the publishers, so maybe that's the determinant?

In any case, I'm certainly not going to complain.  I'm perfectly happy downloading new releases at 9:30 on Monday night and getting a jump on a new book before bed.

New User
Mrs_Will
0 Kudos

I tried the tip given below.  Archive your preordered book, then unarchive it.  When it loaded it came up as new.  Thank you thank you thank you.  I've been dyyyyyying to read my new book!!!!!  :smileyvery-happy:

New User
BethB55
0 Kudos

Archiving and unarchiving did it!  Finally!  Thanks for a great little nugget of information.

Reader
Hazel_G
0 Kudos

OMG this worked! I have been waiting all day for my pre-order to download. This isn't the first time I've waited for a pre-order to download.. its happened several times. Anyhow, deciding to see if it was a common problem, I looked it up and found your post here. So I tried it. And it worked.. when I unarchived it, it just said new on the banner tag across the cover.. I opened it and there was the book. There was no download bar indicating a download so I assume it was already there and my NookColor just wasn't recognizing the new status... which would be a NOOK problem.. they really need to get this kink fixed. I've waited two day before in trying to get my pre-orders.. I like supporting my favorite authors, but I could have already been reading this if I'd just purchased it the day of release instead of waiting for a pre-order download that just didn't register.. Anyhow, sorry for the rant, Im just tired of this happening.. thank you so much for posting your solution. I will try this next time I ventrue into the pre-order for a new book!

New User
rfordham811

Same problem. After customer service told me to unregister my device, I decided to check here.  Archiving and unarchiving worked like a charm.  I also would never have known about 'holding down' the icon to get the menu.  Thanks for the tip, saved me wasting my time with unregistering and reregistering.

New User
caerbrigit
0 Kudos

This is the exact thing that ended up working for me after reading your post!  Thanks!  I couldn't wait anymore for my Sookie fix, I've already been waiting forever!

New User
Kjmil05
0 Kudos

It worked!!! Thanks so much!

New User
katievamp
0 Kudos

it happen to me i preoder a book n it wouldnt go through when the book come out.. it take me forever to figure it out how i got it to go through is update ur nook.. how to update is go to the library n go to app i think .. there should say on the corner of it update that how i got my book on it so now i can read it i hope that help
Reader 2
Love_My_NC

Why will not Barnes and Noble fix this issue if it has been known for 2 years.  They have done 3 release so far?

New User
tiptip101
0 Kudos

OMG you are a lifesavor ive been trying to figure this out for days. The archive thing worked imediately!!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy: 

New User
minivanmom
0 Kudos

This is not a publisher issue, I was able to download it to my Nook app for iphone but it will not download to my NookColor.

New User
thankskg
0 Kudos

your a genius!  thank you your suggestion worked for me as well

New User
ErinWVU9

I have Nook Simple Touch and was experiencing the same pre-ordered book troubles. I chatted with a BN person and they suggested that I archive and then unarchive the pre-ordered book. Once I unarchived the book, the almost instantly downloaded to my Nook. You all could try that!

Hope this helped!! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
AzGranni
0 Kudos

Longer then 2 years I've seen notes about the same problem as far back as 2008. I have had three Nook readers,,,the only reason I have the tablet is because it was gift. My next tablet will not be a Nook, their support used to be pretty good but not anymore :smileysad: