Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

Re: Preordered books not loading after release on nookcolor

AzGranni wrote:

Longer then 2 years I've seen notes about the same problem as far back as 2008. I have had three Nook readers,,,the only reason I have the tablet is because it was gift. My next tablet will not be a Nook, their support used to be pretty good but not anymore :smileysad:

2008???   The first Nook, the N1E,  was released in 2009.  Check your calendar.

Lector GS
Contributor
AzGranni
0 Kudos

Ha Ha you're right...slip of the finger on my keyboard, sorry.  I bought my first on oin Nov 2009.

New User
rjhVA
0 Kudos

This has been a problem forever and the worst part is that everytime you unregister and reregister the neook, you have to redownload.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

You should not have to unregister and reregister the Nook. Just archive and unarchive the newly released book. B&N has never gotten preorder to work, and I've seen no evidence that they have ever even bothered to try to fix it. I do not preorder.
New User
becbec1999_88
0 Kudos

Re: Preordered books not loading after release on nook

I have tried everything to get my preordered book to download.  When I try to archive it my nook won't let me. I have tried holding the book and the menu comes up and archive is not an option. I have also tried to go to my library and archive it that way but it won't work that way either. I am getting very frustrated. Also my friend has a kindle and is already reading it...

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

becbec1999_88 wrote:

I have tried everything to get my preordered book to download.  When I try to archive it my nook won't let me. I have tried holding the book and the menu comes up and archive is not an option. I have also tried to go to my library and archive it that way but it won't work that way either. I am getting very frustrated. Also my friend has a kindle and is already reading it...

Which Nook do you have?  If you have the HD, getting to the archive screen is different than any other device.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

becbec1999_88 wrote:

Are you sure your Nook has a working Wifi connection?
If you archive the book in your library, and then sync your Nook, it should be archived.