Contributor
Amanda69
0 Kudos

Prepaid Visa Debit Card.

This is my first time buy anything from Barnes and Noble. I'm going to be getting a Nook for Christmas and I know you need a credit card default card (which I understand) My question is can I use my prepaid visa debit card as my default card? It does have my name and address attached to it.

Thank you in advance.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Re: Prepaid Visa Debit Card.

yes

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Should not be a problem...as far as retailers go, they'll just see a Visa card.  Only you will know it is prepaid.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

You have to make sure to register that card with your address.  I think you go to the card's website to do that, but don't quote me.  Just so you know, any card that BN accepts and this includes pre-paid ones and debit cards, must have a vailid address attached to it.  I have not used these, so I am not certain how to do this, but I think it must be as I said that card's website. 

Somebody who has used these might do better at explaining.  I just didn't want you to get frustrated trying to use it and then think it is not going to work.  Other people have used them.  Just make sure to re-load them from time to time.  I know some pay as you go cell phones will de-activate if not used or re-loaded, so it might be the same thing with these cards.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Contributor
TheBeerSoapCompany
0 Kudos

If you have  paypal account you can also apply for a Paypal debit card and use that as well.