Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Amanda69
0 Kudos

Prepaid Visa Debit Card.

This is my first time buy anything from Barnes and Noble. I'm going to be getting a Nook for Christmas and I know you need a credit card default card (which I understand) My question is can I use my prepaid visa debit card as my default card? It does have my name and address attached to it.

Thank you in advance.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

Re: Prepaid Visa Debit Card.

yes

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

Should not be a problem...as far as retailers go, they'll just see a Visa card.  Only you will know it is prepaid.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

You have to make sure to register that card with your address.  I think you go to the card's website to do that, but don't quote me.  Just so you know, any card that BN accepts and this includes pre-paid ones and debit cards, must have a vailid address attached to it.  I have not used these, so I am not certain how to do this, but I think it must be as I said that card's website. 

Somebody who has used these might do better at explaining.  I just didn't want you to get frustrated trying to use it and then think it is not going to work.  Other people have used them.  Just make sure to re-load them from time to time.  I know some pay as you go cell phones will de-activate if not used or re-loaded, so it might be the same thing with these cards.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Contributor
TheBeerSoapCompany
0 Kudos

If you have  paypal account you can also apply for a Paypal debit card and use that as well.