Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
lidlladeebug
0 Kudos

Problem with payment??

Just got my nook tonight and am getting very frustrated.   When dl book it's telling me item cannot be dl. There might be a problem with payment. I've checked and rechecked my numbers and everything is right.  I'm in the US, so that's not the problem.  What else can I do? 

Yes, it's registered too....

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Problem with payment??

lidlladeebug wrote:

Just got my nook tonight and am getting very frustrated.   When dl book it's telling me item cannot be dl. There might be a problem with payment. I've checked and rechecked my numbers and everything is right.  I'm in the US, so that's not the problem.  What else can I do? 

Yes, it's registered too....

Make sure your  name is correct on the Nook.  It's been a while, but I believe that your name associated with your billing address for the credit card must match what the name is on your account, not necessarily what name is on the card.  I remember having to take my middle initial out of something to get it to work properly.  So, if I recall correctly, the name on the Nook has to match the name on the B&N account which has to match the name associated with the credit card, even if it isn't the name on the card.

New User
lidlladeebug
0 Kudos

Thank you for the suggestion, but they are the same.  I'm getting frustrated :smileysad:  Been working on this over an hour now. 

Frequent Contributor
Barbara1955
0 Kudos

Are you sure you have the money in the account to cover the book cost?  I hit download when I ment to put the book on my WL & recieved the same message....account had $2 book cost $10 LOL    As for the names not matching I didnt have a problem using my sons account to buy a 99 cent book...dont think thats the problem. 

New User
Tofulovesyou
0 Kudos

i have been having the same problem for about a month now. i have called CS many times and they dont get it. they make me do the same thing every time and i works but i dont want to have to call them everytime i buy a book.

someone suggested that i wait for a day or 2 and see if it adds itself to your library. if not then call. i am on the phone on hold with them right now. i am getting fed up.

New User
GettingFedUp
0 Kudos

This is not your fault, it is the fault of Barnes & Noble. Their "customer care" is shoddy at best (they are on their third Vice President of Customer Care in about a year!). When you call customer service, you are talking to people who can do nothing (unlike Amazon's customer service who are authorized to do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer, and yes they are in India!). I am going through this same "problem with payment" nonsense with them. They have even refunded the price of the book and yet it is still on my B&N account page (grayed out) and they just will not take it off. B&N should either get better equipment, better IT people, or just simply stay out of the ebook business. And don't believe them when they tell you that their servers are swamped because of the Christmas season -- a lot of online businesses were far busier than B&N and yet they never had problems with their servers. They are simply lying.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Yes, B&N customer care is horrible and Amazon is wonderful... <yawn> 

►Without order there is chaos◄
Distinguished Correspondent
PBReilley
0 Kudos

Jonathan Livingston, please come collect your flock. Thank you.

Wordsmith
Tweedledee
0 Kudos

Squawk, squawk, flap, flap - we are leaving like a herd of turtles,  winging our way off into the sunset over the ocean of discontent.......

Squawk, squawk, flap, flap.......

Used to live at the beach - disliked the real ones as well, had to pressure wash the house at least twice a year.....  :smileyhappy:

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
Bertrand Russell
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

PBReilley wrote:

Jonathan Livingston, please come collect your flock. Thank you.

Oooh, took me a minute. :smileyvery-happy:

That's a good one!

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

Have you tried downloading it to your pc and then sideload it instead, it might be more a wifi issue then an account problem?

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.