Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
bjb1603
0 Kudos

Problems with nook

The problem I am having is while I am reading, the page will suddenly change to the wallpaper, or it will just blink.  This is even when fully charged.  Can anyone help me with this?

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,518
0 Kudos

Re: Problems with nook

Are you reading the page for longer than the screensaver timeout is set for?  It sounds like that MAY be what is happening.

►Without order there is chaos◄
Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos

Thats weird, mine usually does that when its in sleep mode.  If its sitting next to me, every once in a while I see the screen go white, then my screen saver comes back on.  It has done this since I've had it so I don't worry about it.  It's not causing me any problems.  It's never done that while I'm reading, though.

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
New User
bjb1603
0 Kudos

No, that is not what is happening, it will sometimes change pages on its own too, I don't even have to be touching it.

Correspondent
ChipPM
0 Kudos

Are you talking about the Nook Color or the Classic Nook?

Distinguished Bibliophile
ABthree
0 Kudos

@bjb1603

Welcome!  :smileyhappy:

Sounds like the notorious and frustrating Intermittent Problem, well known with all electronic devices.

What you're decribing is not normal.  If it's happening enough to detract from your reading experience, you should definitely take it back to the store where you bought it, or, call Customer Service at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665).  Select Option 2 for Digital Support, and describe what you're experiencing to them.

Assuming that your Nook is still under warranty, they'll probably offer you a replacement. 

Good luck.

+LORD, preserve the good in their goodness, and+
+in your kindness, make the wicked become good.+
-- St. Basil the Great+
New User
bjb1603
0 Kudos

The classic nook.

New User
bjb1603
0 Kudos

I will call them when I get home from work.  It may still be under warrenty, have not had it that long.  Thanks!

Distinguished Correspondent
GeneHunter
0 Kudos

Sounds like the notorious and frustrating Intermittent Problem, well known with all electronic devices.

The first thing I do with any electronic device that has an Intermittent Problem is to totally turn the equipment off.  Leave it off while having a cup of coffee, glass of wine, a cold beer, hot chocolate or other drink of choice.  Then turn your device back on. Many times, this is all that's needed to clear up your problem.