Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum

Promotion Code Request Thread

Please, use this thread to let us know if you live far from a B&N store.  I'd really like to keep this in some kind of order.  :smileyhappy:

For those that have been kind enough to give up their codes, please 'reply' and 'quote' the post of the person you are sending the code to, if only to say "XXXXXX you have a PM."  This way, we will not duplicate codes to any one person.

Make sure you PM the code, if you post it here, it will be used before the intended party ever sees it.  I have checked and these coupons do not say 'non-transferable' any place on them.  In fact, I discussed the situation with my local store when I went back yesterday and they gave me a few extra for the cause...

So if you want a code:

• Post your request
  • You might give us some information regarding your situation
  • Wait for a reply here and check you PM

If you are giving a code:

• Read through the entire thread, this is the only way to make sure someone has not already received their code.
  • Reply to their post (please quote them so we know who you responded to) with a short message
  • PM the code to them, do NOT post it in the public forum.

Frequent Contributor
iharley
0 Kudos

Re: Promotion Code Request Thread

I live about 100 miles away from a B&N, so I would greatly appreciate a code. Thanks!

Correspondent
timetravel
0 Kudos

I would really appreciate a code.  I'm 25 miles from a B & N. 

Inspired Wordsmith
mykoffee
0 Kudos

I would appreciate a code, I live roughly 50 miles from a B&N!  

Linda

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Contributor
rewards4u
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I would love a code.  My closest store is 75 miles away.  :smileysad:

I will be on vacation next week and near a B&N so I will get a few extra codes then to "pay it forward"

Scribe
JdiennoPSU
0 Kudos

What is the last day to get this weeks code? I am out of town and will not be back untill sunday and want to be able to get this weeks book.

- JJ

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

FACT: Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer in children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Contributor
wheel9
0 Kudos

Hi -

New user here - would like to request a code if anyone has one.  I am about 40 miles from the nearest store, and aI am currently recovering from Kidney Cancer treatment and will not be able to make the trip.  The Nook has been a great companion the past few weeks.  The free books are most appreciated.

wheel9

Frequent Contributor
klv84
0 Kudos

I would love a code.  I am 75 miles from a b&n.  I have a newborn and need some more reading material for night time feedings.   :smileyhappy:

Contributor
eilujJT
0 Kudos

I would love a code! I live in Canada and there are no Barnes and Noble stores here :smileysad: I was actually in the States last weekend, but one weekend too early! Thanks to everyone for helping us unfortunate who are not near a store!

Inspired Contributor
Sapphire329

iharley wrote:

I live about 100 miles away from a B&N, so I would greatly appreciate a code. Thanks!

iharley, I have a code I will PM you. I read this series already.

Frequent Contributor
Hummey
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to the B&N Discussion Boards, and I cannot figure out how to PM someone.  I stopped by the store today to pick up my code, and I realized after I got it that I already own the book they are giving away this week.  

If someone wants to let me know how to "PM" I will give them the code that I have.

Tony

Tony

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will take His stand on the earth" Job 19:25
Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Tony, thanks for jumping in and offering to help!

The easiest way to PM is to choose the person you want to send the code to and click on their user name.  Once you do that you will be at their profile page.  On the profile page, look to the right and you will see 'Contact' and below that you will see "add username to friends" this is in a green bar  Right above the add to friends is a link to send someone a private message, it states "send this user a private message."

All you have to do then is send the code. 

Make sure and note in the thread who you send it to so everyone has a chance!

Frequent Contributor
Hummey
0 Kudos

I have sent you a PM with the code for the book.

Regards,

Tony

rewards4u wrote:

I will be on vacation next week and near a B&N so I will get a few extra codes then to "pay it forward"

Tony

"As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will take His stand on the earth" Job 19:25
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

I would appreciate a code, please. It's about a 45 min drive for me to the nearest BN store.

Thank you.

pamela

Contributor
luv2readKY
0 Kudos

Hi, I live about 45 minutes from the nearest B&N...I'd love to have the code (s) for the books that I can't get at the store...thanks!

Contributor
rewards4u
0 Kudos

Hummey wrote:

I have sent you a PM with the code for the book.

Regards,

Tony

rewards4u wrote:

Thanks so much for the code!!!   I have already downloaded the book :smileywink:   I have been a 'stalker' of the boads here since I recieved my Nook on Mother's Day.  Everyone is so nice and I have learned a ton about my Nook!!!  Thanks y'all!!!

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Wow, It's hard to believe how far away some of you are from a B&N store.

I have 42 of them within 50 miles of me.

I'll be stopping by my usual store on the way home today and pick up a few promotion codes for you people out in the boonies :smileywink:.

My B&N has a starbucks in it not a B&N Cafe, does anyone know if I can use the 7-layer bar coupon in there?

Inspired Contributor
Sapphire329
0 Kudos

LarryOnLI wrote:

Wow, It's hard to believe how far away some of you are from a B&N store.

I have 42 of them within 50 miles of me.

I'll be stopping by my usual store on the way home today and pick up a few promotion codes for you people out in the boonies :smileywink:.

My B&N has a starbucks in it not a B&N Cafe, does anyone know if I can use the 7-layer bar coupon in there?

I'm not 100% sure on this but I don't think so. I tried using a B&N gift card once at a starbucks that was in B&N but it wasn't the B&N cafe and they told me they were separate from the store because they weren't the cafe. It didn't make any sense to me what they said but I went with it.

Inspired Contributor
bermygirlJS
0 Kudos

My closest B&N is about 550 miles away.  I live in Bermuda, thus sadly would not be able to use a code.  Though if anyone wants to fedex me their free cookies or 7 layer bars, I'd gladly accept. :smileytongue: