Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Linda54660
0 Kudos

Re: Promotion Code Request Thread

Scroll up on this page until you see the heading in brown that says B&N Community.  Under that it should say "PepaLou" keep looking to the right on that same line and there is a little envelope and it should have a number one in parenthesis behind it.  Click on that and it should open up your mailbox.  I believe you double click the message just like you would on your regular email.

Good luck and please let me know if you were able to get it to work.  I'm heading to bed, but I'll check in the morning. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
PepaLou
0 Kudos

Sorry, my bad.  My brain was just cruising along and hit the brakes for a minute there.  I got it,and it is now on my nook.  YAY!

Thank you so much!  As soon as I'm up and out, I will grab a code to pass along.

PepaLou wrote:

Ok, I'm feeling really dumb...but where do I find PM's?  I'm kind of new here, and have no idea what I'm doing.

Brasil #1
Proud owner of "COUNT NOOKULA"!
Stop adding more crap to my nook! If I wanted a do it all POS, I would have bought an Ipad!
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

PepaLou wrote:

where do I find PM's?

At the top of every page in the forum, underneath the big "B&N Community" words, is a line that starts with your ID (PepaLou).

The last thing on that line, after "Help", is an envelope icon with the number of PMs that you have waiting for you. Click the envelope or the number.

Correspondent
Angela2932ND
0 Kudos

I'd love to get a code! Was hoping to drive to BN, 75 miles away today, but a migraine is making me change my plans.  Any left?

Doug_Pardee
0 Kudos

Angela2932ND wrote:

I'd love to get a code! Was hoping to drive to BN, 75 miles away today, but a migraine is making me change my plans.  Any left?

You've got a PM.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

PepaLou wrote:

Ok, I'm feeling really dumb...but where do I find PM's?  I'm kind of new here, and have no idea what I'm doing.

There is a post on the first page (I think it's the first page) that explains it.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Linda54660 wrote:

I have a few codes to share!  The lady acted like I was trying to steal cookies out of the cookie jar, but she gave me 3 extras :smileysurprised:

@FrogAlum, is there a way to mark this thread as Week 1 so we can have each subsequent week as Week 2, etc.?

I don't know if they'll continue to hand out week 1 codes after Sunday, if they do we would be able to check back to each specific week and PM codes for that week if anyone still has them!

Thanks for this great idea, it's nice to be able to help people in such an easy way.  I love "spreading joy".  Great job Ann on being able to get so many codes!!!

The post doesn't let me edit it anymore, I figured I'd update the subject line in a new post to update when week 2 hits, it will explain that there are possibly two codes available and to please specify which code they want.  I think it's easier on everyone to keep to one thread and people can request which week they want.  Week 1 will no longer (supposedly) be available after Sunday evening but if we still have week one codes we can still give them out.

It is nice to have a 'warm fuzzy' thread for a change, isn't it?  LOL

Contributor
Fredreeca2001
0 Kudos

Hello, I live about 1 hour and 10 minutes from the nearest store.  I would love a code.  Thanks soooo much

Doug_Pardee
0 Kudos

fredreeca wrote:

Hello, I live about 1 hour and 10 minutes from the nearest store.  I would love a code.  Thanks soooo much

You've got a PM.

Contributor
Msmusicteacher
0 Kudos

I have 3 codes if anyone still needs one.  I've already read this week's book but am looking forward to next weeks!  PM me if you need a code.

Frequent Contributor
Linda54660
0 Kudos

I was able to snag a few more codes at a different BN tonight.  If anyone else still needs a week 1 Code, let us know.

@FrogAlum - a "warm/fuzzy" thread was definitely needed right about now, especially if you've been reading a couple of the other ones.  YIKES!!

New User
Kilinor
0 Kudos

Any chance of a code for storm front? I'm FAR too far away from a B&N... TIA
Reader 2
jrho59
0 Kudos

I would like a code for the first book if one is available  I have been out of town and the Barnes and noble near me is closed now.

Thank you

Jrho

Frequent Contributor
Linda54660
0 Kudos

I will PM one to you. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Kilinor wrote:

Any chance of a code for storm front? I'm FAR too far away from a B&N... TIA

The only code out right now is for week 1.

Frequent Contributor
Linda54660
0 Kudos

jrho59 wrote:

I would like a code for the first book if one is available  I have been out of town and the Barnes and noble near me is closed now.

Thank you

Jrho

Sending you a PM, forgot to quote you, so we knew who I was sending the code to!

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Linda54660 wrote:

I was able to snag a few more codes at a different BN tonight.  If anyone else still needs a week 1 Code, let us know.

@FrogAlum - a "warm/fuzzy" thread was definitely needed right about now, especially if you've been reading a couple of the other ones.  YIKES!!

Isn't that the truth!  LOL

I just went ahead and started a week 2 thread, I think it's gonna get a little messy since we have started to get requests for codes we don't even have yet! :smileysurprised:

If people need the first code, I asked that they continue with this thread...  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

Would someone please send me a code, The closest B&N is 45 miles away. Thanks so much.

Contributor
EnterSandman
0 Kudos

If possible, could someone please send me a code. I live in Canada and going to the US is a little difficult - 100 miles plus away.

I own a nook and also read on the iphone.

thanks

Frequent Contributor
Linda54660
0 Kudos

schatzieWI wrote:

Would someone please send me a code, The closest B&N is 45 miles away. Thanks so much.

Sending you a PM!