Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
QuiltingGmom
0 Kudos

Re: Promotion Code Request Thread

I would really like a promo code.  I live 50 minutes from my closest B&N.  This book sounds amazing.

Contributor
lilz
0 Kudos

BonafideZulu wrote:

Hey guys,

I just bought my nook yesterday, and so far I'm lovin' it! But I see I missed the offer for No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. I loved the HBO series, so I'm a bit disappointed I arrived on the scene so late.

By any chance, does anyone have a spare code? It would be much appreciated!

hi there - just PM'd you!

Reader 2
LIZZYLOOTJ
0 Kudos

Hey All~ I just bought my nook this weekend, & the code they gave me was for the Lee Child book.  Well, I've already devoured that & returned asking for the older codes, but they do not have anymore.  If anyone has and extra week 1 or week 2 I'd LOVE it!  

Thank you for your consideration, I'm looking forward to learning more about my Nook all the time!

Liz

Frequent Contributor
drgnlady
0 Kudos

LIZZYLOOTJ wrote:

Hey All~ I just bought my nook this weekend, & the code they gave me was for the Lee Child book.  Well, I've already devoured that & returned asking for the older codes, but they do not have anymore.  If anyone has and extra week 1 or week 2 I'd LOVE it!  

Thank you for your consideration, I'm looking forward to learning more about my Nook all the time!

Liz

I have a spare code for week 1.  Sending PM now.

Correspondent
chefclaire
0 Kudos

Hi all- still looking for a spare code for week 1- I posted a few days ago, but never received one, and now people posting after me have been receiving codes.  anyone still have an extra week 1?  I just got my nook a week ago and missed out on week 1!

Thanks in advance!

Inspired Contributor
writeway
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

I have the code for Storm Front, but no others. I'm trying to 'stock up' as my son will be in the hospital for testing in July and we'll be staring at the walls alot!

Thanks so much!

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
LizzyLoot is the only person that received a code that posted after you did, there are still MANY that haven't received one that posted before you did.

Keep in mind, there is no specified order to giving the things out, that's why I recommend in the first post to state something about why you need the code.
Some people might give them out to people that need them due to medical hardship, others to people they know contribute to the boards on a regular basis.

For those trying to do this in chronological order, this http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-General-Discussion/Promotion-Code-Request-Thread/m-p/537... is the next one in line, so to speak.

I really want to commend all those that have contributed togetting these codes out to others.   OTOH I have to say I'm disappointed in those whose only contributions (now 3 weeks into this) is the sum total of 3 posts and each of those was asking for the freebie.

chefclaire wrote:

Hi all- still looking for a spare code for week 1- I posted a few days ago, but never received one, and now people posting after me have been receiving codes.  anyone still have an extra week 1?  I just got my nook a week ago and missed out on week 1!

Thanks in advance!

Contributor
Bigwill
0 Kudos

I just got my nook a few days ago, and obviously can't locate any old codes.

Can someone PM me a code (along with brief instructions on how to use it) for The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency?

Much appreciated!!!

Correspondent
chefclaire
0 Kudos

FrogAlum wrote:

LizzyLoot is the only person that received a code that posted after you did, there are still MANY that haven't received one that posted before you did.

Keep in mind, there is no specified order to giving the things out, that's why I recommend in the first post to state something about why you need the code.
Some people might give them out to people that need them due to medical hardship, others to people they know contribute to the boards on a regular basis.

For those trying to do this in chronological order, this http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-General-Discussion/Promotion-Code-Request-Thread/m-p/537... is the next one in line, so to speak.

I really want to commend all those that have contributed togetting these codes out to others.   OTOH I have to say I'm disappointed in those whose only contributions (now 3 weeks into this) is the sum total of 3 posts and each of those was asking for the freebie.

chefclaire wrote:

Thanks in advance!

wow! sorry to offend- if you're keeping track there are actually 2 people who got them after me, and from their posts- their reason for needing was the same as mine- just got their nooks. I agree- give them to people with more valid reasons if they had a medical reason or live far away, etc, I'm fine with that- and people you know that contribute more frequently, but neither of these was that type of case. Again, sorry I offended you FrogAlum.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

@chefclaire

I didn't say I found your post offensive, neither do I think my post was.  I was just pointing out the facts and possibly a few tips and/or explanations for why things happen as they do.  Yes, I did point out the fact there are many "in line" before you, those are just the facts and I included the link to help anyone that still has a code to give out and wants to go "in order."

There are so many people asking for other weeks codes and other things that this thread is a mess.  Just trying to straighten it up a little.

New User
1spec1
0 Kudos

Hey,

If anyone has an extra week 1 code I would really appreciate it.  I would really like to read this book!

Thanks in advance!

Contributor
PhotoNut71
0 Kudos

Hi all!!

I would really appreciate someone getting a week 3 promo code for me.  I live 75 miles from the nearest B&N and would really like to snag this one!

I'm hoping to make it into the city next week so I would be able to "pay it forward" by picking up an extra week 4 code.

Thanks so much for the help!

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

You need to post this in the week 3 thread...

PhotoNut71 wrote:

Hi all!!

I would really appreciate someone getting a week 3 promo code for me.  I live 75 miles from the nearest B&N and would really like to snag this one!

I'm hoping to make it into the city next week so I would be able to "pay it forward" by picking up an extra week 4 code.

Thanks so much for the help!

New User
LKeeton
0 Kudos

I just got an iPad and found out about the promotion this week. Got this week's code for free book, but would love the 1st week's book, too. I already asked at my local store and they don't have anymore.

Reader 4
merryns_mom
0 Kudos

week one promo code

hi all, i just bought my nook, and am so happy so far. . .i live a ways from any store and finally made it in to a store to try in person over memorial day.  :smileyhappy:

is there anyone out there who has a code for the week one free ebook? i'd greatly appreciate it and promise to return the favor someday

thanks all,

kelly t.

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Michael Please Merge with current thread...

_AV
Contributor
_AV
0 Kudos

any change i can get a week one code still? Please and thanks.

"this too shall pass"
Contributor
QuiltingGmom
0 Kudos

I would really like a promo code for this book.  I live 50 minutes from my closest B&N.  I only just realized that we could "request" a code. Thanks for the help.

Quilting Grandmom Linda

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,013
0 Kudos

Re: Week 1 Promotion Code Request Thread

[ Edited ]
DalmatiaRN wrote:

I just received my Nook last week as a gift and did not realize this promotion was happening until week 2. That book was on my "to read" list! I'd appreciate it if someone still had a code available this late in the game.I

You have a PM. Please post or PM me if you received this and used it; if not, there are many more waiting.

Ladies and gentlemen: This was my last code for week 1; I'd been saving it for a friend who I'd heard was getting a NOOK, but she decided she didn't want this book. Somehow DalmatiaRN got bypassed back on page 8 of this thread, so I sent it to them.

At this point there are, by my count, 21 people still looking for week 1 codes, going back to page 9 of this thread. I show Melmoga as having waited the longest.

And at this point, there probably aren't anywhere close to 21 codes left over. If you really want to read this e-book, I suggest that instead of waiting in the hope against hope that you'll be able to get this e-book for free, just pay the $1.99 to buy it at Fictionwise (or the like).

Contributor
DCGrams
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I sent out a plea for week #1 promotion code but have not received any response. I know there is quite a few of us out here who have arequest. I live 60 miles from the nearest B & N and am retired with a limited budget. If there is a code out there I would really appreciate using it. Thanks in advance.