Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: Promotion Code Request Thread

@All,

Update

We will continue to distribute vouchers until June 20 and customers can continue to redeem vouchers after that because the promotion was pushed back from the original launch date.  The expiration date printed on the voucher is no longer valid.  The new expiration date is August 1, 2010.  We will make sure you have lots of time to redeem your vouchers. So keep enjoying the promo!

Your Admin.,

Michael-V

Reader
Bowden
0 Kudos

Would someone still have a code for the first week?  I lost my code and can not find it anywhere.  I visited my bn today and they didnt have a week one to give me.

Thank you

Reader 2
auburngirl
0 Kudos

I love this board!  I just got my Nook a week ago.  Does anyone have the code for week 1 and 2?

Thanks!

Contributor
esa01
0 Kudos

Hi,  Just got my nook a week ago if there is any way to get codes for weeks 1-3, I would greatly appreciate it.. thanks again.

Eileen

Contributor
jaatagi
0 Kudos

pm sent

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

jaatagi  to who did you send the code to

Contributor
Kerry10
0 Kudos

Promotion Code Request Thread

I need the codes for week 1 and 2 ,but i have 3 extras of week 4.

thanks

New User
808USCTrojanGirl
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just got my Nook last night at a B&N, and I am curious what these promotion codes are about. 

I downloaded the most recent free friday book.  The salesperson had mentioned that I'd be able to get the previous weeks free friday eBooks, but didn't say there were codes nor did he give me any.

Is this about something totally different, or is it actually possible to still get the prior four weeks free friday books?  Should I be able to get promotion codes if I went back to a B&N store?  Lastly, how do you redeem codes?

Thanks much!

\/ Fight On!

Frequent Contributor
reba115
0 Kudos

Does anyone have codes 1-4?  I just bought a nook and would greatly appreciate them.  I've downloaded a few free book and can't believe how simple it is.  The down side is that I live 90 miles from the nearest B&N store.  Thanks so much.

Correspondent
bookitID
0 Kudos

808USCTrojanGirl wrote:

Hello,

I just got my Nook last night at a B&N, and I am curious what these promotion codes are about. 

I downloaded the most recent free friday book.  The salesperson had mentioned that I'd be able to get the previous weeks free friday eBooks, but didn't say there were codes nor did he give me any.

Is this about something totally different, or is it actually possible to still get the prior four weeks free friday books?  Should I be able to get promotion codes if I went back to a B&N store?  Lastly, how do you redeem codes?

Thanks much!

\/ Fight On!

I'm surprised the salesperson would mention to you about the weekly code giveaway yet not give you the fliers with the codes. How strange.

Each week starting on Monday, B&N have fliers available for a specific book for that particular week. The fliers contain a one-time-use code for a specific week's book. Depending on your bookstore, the fliers could just be sitting on a counter to be picked up or you could ask one of the associates for the codes.

Currently we're on week 4's book with the last book (week 5) starting on Monday, June 14. Some stores run out of the codes quickly while others still have codes from week 1 still available. You'll need to go back to B&N and request the codes for the books you missed.

On this forum, we have separate threads for each week's book for people who cannot or unable to go to B&N for certain reasons. The most common reason is because B&N in their area is too far away. This particular thread you posted on is the request for the code for week 1 book.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Reader
cabyrum
0 Kudos

I just got my Nook last week and would love to get codes from Week 1 and 2 if anyone still has them available.

Reader
xylvb
0 Kudos

I live in rural New Hampshire. The nearest B&N is 75 miles away. Please help me with an access code.

Thank you!

Contributor
AlySedai
0 Kudos

I have extra week 4 codes I would like to trade for a week 1 code. Let me know, please! Thanks!

English Teacher Extraodinaire
Bibliophile
Gamer Girl
Actress and Singer
Lover of Life
New User
Heather_Marie81
0 Kudos

I got my nook last Wednesday, and went in to a B&N to get a case on Friday and they told me about the codes then. So, the guy at the counter gave me a week 2 and 4. I got a week 3 from a member on the week 3 thread, so I just need a week 1 code. Does anyone have an extra? It would be GREATLY appreciated =)

Frequent Contributor
drgnlady
0 Kudos

CrustyNail wrote:

Yes, please.  I would like the code for week 1.  I'm not a facebook fan, but I will be checking this facebook site in the future. I did not know this promotion was going on until I went to my BN on Sunday.  We usually go in on Sundays and have coffee and a muffin and check the B&N Special offers & aritcles.  I would then down load my free book as we had our coffee and muffins.  but Sunday, there was no free book.  After I spoke with an associate, I was informed of the special and given week 3's offer.  I went back to our BN and aske for the back offers and was given week 2 and week 4.  They were out of week 1.  Do you by chance have an extra one.  I have had my nook since Christmas and am really enjoying it.  Thanks,

You have a PM.

Frequent Contributor
drgnlady
0 Kudos

A reminder to everyone requesting codes that this thread is only for week 1 codes.  There are separate threads for the other weeks. 

According to my records we now have 15 people requesting codes.  The person who has been waiting the longest at this point is Wolfenhex on page 13.

Reader 2
MarisaMcCain
0 Kudos

I have the codes for weeks 2 - 4 but i am missing week 1 as I didnt have my nook then. Does anyone have an extra code?

Contributor
Cackhanded
0 Kudos

drgnlady wrote:

A reminder to everyone requesting codes that this thread is only for week 1 codes.  There are separate threads for the other weeks. 

According to my records we now have 15 people requesting codes.  The person who has been waiting the longest at this point is Wolfenhex on page 13.

Thanks for the info. I pm'd wolfenhex to see if they still needed a code.

Frequent Contributor
reba115
0 Kudos

I could also use a week one code also.  Anyone with an extra one left to give a way?  Much appreciated.  Thanks.  90 miles from the nearest B&N-ugh!

New User
Henny23
0 Kudos

Can someone please post the code for Week 4?  Thanks.