Reader 4
thequilteddove
0 Kudos

Question about NOOKColor

My Nook takes one full minute to boot up....  I assume everyone else's does too....

Anyone have the new NookColor?  How long does it take to boot up?  What are your favorite things about it?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

Re: Question about NOOKColor

thequilteddove wrote:

My Nook takes one full minute to boot up....  I assume everyone else's does too....

Anyone have the new NookColor?  How long does it take to boot up?  What are your favorite things about it?

Do you have a nook or NOOKColor that takes a full minute to boot up?  The recommendation for the nook is to let it sleep rather than power it down.  There have been other posts with this question and I believe the one minute is about normal.

There are some nook owners on this board who also have the NC, but if you want to reach out to other NOOKColor owners, you be better off posting on the NOOKColor boards - 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/bd-p/NOOKcolorGeneralDiscussion

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-Technical-Support/bd-p/NOOKcolortechnicalsupport

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

thequilteddove wrote:

Do you turn it off after each use?  It is recommended to let it go into sleep mode, it will become active in a few seconds with a tap of the power button.  It will sleep automatically or you can do it manually.

Same as above, just let it go to sleep.  Long list, color screen, read in dark, magazines, video....

New User
teaSK
0 Kudos

I went into a B&N yesterday just to ask some basic questions and was told to check the website.

So here I am.

My questions are -

- how can I delete the sample books if I decide I don't want to buy them?

- How can I delete from my wish list

- How can I move the NookColor guides from my home page and place them in a file?

- an how can I move the books I've read from my home page into a file?

- Gift cards -- I was told at B&N I need to log on to B&N to initiate my gift cards....has anyone done that yet?

I'm sure there are many NookColor pros out there

Thanks for any info - greatly appreciate it.

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

teaSK wrote:

I went into a B&N yesterday just to ask some basic questions and was told to check the website.

So here I am.

My questions are -

- How can I move the NookColor guides from my home page and place them in a file?

- Gift cards -- I was told at B&N I need to log on to B&N to initiate my gift cards....has anyone done that yet?

See the post by JosienJoe above for a link to the Nook Color forum. This is the Nook Classic (e-ink models) forum. There's plenty of helpful folks over in the Nook Color forum as well, and probably some threads that might have answers to your questions.

Happy reading!

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,263
0 Kudos

teaSK wrote:

So here I am.

My questions are -

Log on to your B&N account on the web site and delete them from there.

The wish list on the NOOKcolor is not connected to the ebook wish list on your B&N account.  It's completely separate.  To remove a book from it, go into the shop, tap Browse and tap My Wishlist.  Tap the book you want to remove and tap on the checkbox next to Add to Wishlist to remove it.

Tap and hold the book until the popup menu appears and then tap Remove from home.  You cannpt move them out of your library.

Tap and hold the book until the popup menu appears and then tap Remove from home.  You can create a shelf for read ebooks or archive them.  Creating a shelf will not remove them from your library, but archiving them will.

Yes.  It isn't difficult.

You're welcome. 

The answers to all of the questions you asked can be found in the NOOKcolor User's Manual here:

http://img1.imagesbn.com/PImages/nook/encore/support/pdf/User_Guide_NOOKcolor.pdf

If you have further questions, please see the links in my signature.  This is the discussion board for the original, e-Ink NOOK, not the NOOKcolor.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

LOL@check the website!!!

You would think they would give you the answers.

Though I do think they meant the user guides on the site :smileyvery-happy:

New User
teaSK
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your response.  I spent some time yesterday and figured out the 'toggle' effect on the Wish List books.  Also was able to complete my gift card information on line.  Just need to work on organizing my library.

Thanks to all who responded....really appreciate it.  This is a nice little suport group.

Best wishes

Susan