Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Desperate_Housewife
0 Kudos

Quick Question..

I really want to buy the nook color, but the only case I want is made for the nook. Can i use a nook case or does it have to be a case for the nook color?

Distinguished Correspondent
morgman
0 Kudos

Re: Quick Question..

The Nook and Nook Color use different cases. Sorry, had to buy a new case too.
Frequent Contributor
Nook_Library
0 Kudos

The specs are very similar. The NOOKcolor is 8.1" in height, 5" in width, & .48" in depth. The nook is 7.7" in height, 4.9" in width, & .5" in depth. I would think it would fit your NOOKcolor just fine. You could always return it if it doesn't fit.

Wordsmith
Sardonicus
0 Kudos

morgman wrote:
The Nook and Nook Color use different cases. Sorry, had to buy a new case too.

Different charger is required, too. 

Would've been nice to use the old NClassic charger as well as the NColor's charger.  With my NClassic, I had a charger in the Man Cave and one in the bedroom.  Alas, no more. 

(Owners' Manual says 'don't do it'.)

Unfortunately, Accessories are also a revenue stream.  If I had a few shares of BKS, I'd probably be pleased.

I don't so . . .

. . . I'll just have to get over it.:smileyindifferent:

The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.

- Randall Jarrell

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Desperate_Housewife wrote:

I really want to buy the nook color, but the only case I want is made for the nook. Can i use a nook case or does it have to be a case for the nook color?

I've looked at both cases, and I don't think, for the most part they would.  I suppose it might depend on how the Nook is held in the case itself.  For instance, the new one I just bought uses two clips to hold the Nook, it would be the wrong size for the ColorNook.  There are some they advertise as fitting both.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

The covers are different.  I have a nook and a NOOKcolor and they hold them differently and the NC cover takes the full touchscreen into account.  This in addition to the size differences-the NC is slightly thinner and so on.

Also, it has been said in many different messages that the reason the chargers and cables are slightly different is due to the need to use more power to charge it faster-there are 2 new and special pins that connect to do this.

Apparently, you can use the old usb to connect it to the computer and there may be ways to use the old one to charge it but it involves not using the device at all-it will charge very slowly.  Do a search to get the true and complete info and don't quote me on this.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Correspondent
NanaLou

I have a Nook and NOOKcolor.  They are not the same size.  I have the Industriell Easel Cover for both the Nook and NOOKcolor.  They are different sizes and connect to the Nooks differently also.